Paddy Power are currently offering a matched £50 Free bet to new customers
February 14th, 2013 by Paul
After just being pipped on the line by Long Run in the King George VI Chase, Captain Chris will start as ante-post favourite for the big race this weekend – the Grade 1 Betfair Ascot Chase (2m 5f 110y).
Nine year old Captain Chris, trained by Philip Hobbs, is one of six horses declared to take part in the Betfair Ascot Chase.
Stan James are offering odds of 11/4 that this Irish jumper can go one better when he just lost out to Long Run in the Kempton mud on Boxing Day.
He’ll be up against stiff opposition though with the likes of Cue Card and Finians Rainbow also in contention.
Cue Card was another who raced in those energy-sapping, heavy conditions for the King George VI Chase (3m). He could do no better than finish 5th on that day, unable to make any sort of challenge and ended 20 lengths behind Captain Chris. Coral are offering similar odds of 11/4 on Cue Card.
Nicky Henderson’s 10 year old Finian’s Rainbow only appearance in the jumps this season was a disappointing 4th (4 ran) in the Amlin 1965 Chase (2m 3f) at Ascot back in early November. The Champion Chase winner is best betting odds of 7/2 from Coral to win this weekends Ascot Chase.
Another Irish hopeful is 9 year old Somersby who gave racing’s new superstar – Sprinter Sacre – a decent race in the Victor Chandler Chase (2m 110y) at Cheltenham last month. Now under the watchful eye of trainer Dominic Elsworth, he’s odds of 9/2 to win with Sky Bet.
Speak Your Mind on Betfair Ascot Chase Betting Preview
Tell us what you're thinking...
- Bayern Munich v Borussia Dortmund – Recent meetings analysed
- Moyes versus Mourinho versus Pellegrini: 2013-14 Premier League Title Race
- 2000 Guineas Betting Preview and Tips
- Top 5 Champions League Teams of the Century
- Top 10 Champions League performances this century
- Whip Rule Debate: Who Protects the Victims?
- Top 10 Premier League Individual Performances
- 1,000 Guineas betting preview
- United benefit from admirable disciplinary record
- Manchester United v Manchester City betting preview
- Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.