Paddy Power are currently offering a matched £50 Free bet to new customers
February 22nd, 2013 by Paul
Audley Harrison makes a return to boxing alongside seven other heavyweights when they compete for the Prizefighter International Heavyweights III title. The tournament will be shown live on Sky Sports from the York Hall, Bethnal Green on Saturday night (February the 23rd).
Audley ‘A-Force’ Harrison (28W, 21KO, 6L) is a previous Prizefighter champion (he won Prizefighter Heavyweights III back in 2009) was last seen (not for very long mind you) in the ring with World heavyweight hope David Price.
His addition to this latest Matchroom Sport Prizefighter series has astounded many of his critics by defying the call to hang up his gloves and continue to box on. Despite losing two of his last three defeats the bookies have Harrison as second favourite to win this contest with BetVictor offering odds of 9/2.
33 year old American Travis Walker (39W, 31KO, 7L, 1D) is the bookies favourite to win this third edition of Prizefighter International Heavyweights edition. Walker’s claim to fame is that he was the first man on the planet to knock down the then undefeated Chris Arreola. Coral have Walker at 11/5 to be the last one standing at the end of the night.
Others to watch out for are Northern Irishman Martin Rogan (15W, 7KO, 3L) another former Prizefighter winner, Londoner Ian Lewison (6W, 3KO, 1L, 1D) and Polish heavyweight Albert Sosnowski (47W, 28KO, 5L, 2D) who fought Vitali Klitschko for the WBC Heavyweight title back in 2010 and is 11/2 from Stan James to lift the trophy.
The full Prizefighter International Heavyweights III quarter-final draw
Martin Rogan v Albert Sosnowski
Audley Harrison v Claus Bertino
Ian Lewison v Timo Hoffman
Travis Walker v Derric Rossy
The rules for the Prizefighter International Heavyweights is each fight will take shape in the form of 3 rounds lasting 3 minutes. The winners of the quarter-final bouts progress onto the semis and the victors meet in the final which all takes place in the same evening.
Speak Your Mind on Prizefighter International Heavyweights III Preview
Tell us what you're thinking...
- Royal Ascot Facts and Figures Infographic
- Confederations Cup Betting: Zonal Marking Preview
- 10 Potentially Pivotal Premier League Summer Transfers
- Thinking about Applying to be the new Chelsea Manager?
- Derby Betting: Reasons to oppose Dawn Approach
- Five things England need to do for World Cup 2014
- Bayern Munich v Borussia Dortmund – Recent meetings analysed
- Moyes versus Mourinho versus Pellegrini: 2013-14 Premier League Title Race
- 2000 Guineas Betting Preview and Tips
- Top 5 Champions League Teams of the Century
- Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.