The Voice Bookmakers Open Account Offers
After initially being shown on the BBC, the latest series of The Voice is being broadcast on ITV. There have been a few changes made to the series and that includes the coaching panel and the blind auditions stage of the show.
Torino are 13/8 at Bet365 to win at Benvento in Serie A tonight. Odds correct on publication
Odds Correct at 01:01 on 04-01-2021 and are subject to change.
When can I see The Voice UK?
It runs from January to April on ITV and is shown on Saturday evening with the occasional Sunday evening show too. The Voice Kids show runs in June.
What betting opportunities are available for using my Free Bet?
It's possible to bet on the following
- Overall winner
- Gender of Winner
- Winning Coach
History of The Voice
The show was created in Holland - by the same Dutch production company that invented Big Brother - and first aired in the UK in 2012. It has spread to 53 other countries since.
The format is a little bit different to other shows that you've seen such as 'The X-Factor' and 'Pop Idol.' The big difference takes place at the audition stage. There's the usual menu of personal stories from the contestants but the four judges sit in huge chairs that do not face the stage. The idea here is that the coaches make their decisions based on how a contestant sounds not what they look like. If they want to potentially mentor the singer then they press a button and their chair swivels round to indicate their interest. If more than one coach does this then they have to try to persuade the singer to join their team. If no coaches turn their chairs around then the contestant is eliminated from the competition.
Once each coach has chosen their teams, the next stage of the competition is the Battle Phase with head-to-head sing-offs between singers. It's possible at this stage for judges to steal other judge's performers.
The third stage is the Knockout Stage where the coaches have seven singers left and have to choose three to go through to the live shows. From then on it's fairly similar to other singing contestants with 12 singers performing live with eliminations each week after public votes. The overall winner receives a record contract with Universal Records.
Who has won the Voice UK in the past?
- 2012- Leanne Mitchell - her best selling single reached number 45. Her album only reached number 134 and she lost her record deal in 2014.
- 2013- Andrea Begley - The partially sighted singer's single 'My Immortal' reached number 30 in the UK and her album got to number 7 in the download charts. She now has a contract with Capitol Records and was last seen judging a buskers competition.
- 2014 - Jermain Jackman - His single reached number 75 and a debut album got to 42. He quit the music business last year.
- 2015 - Stevie McCrorie - His single 'Lost Stars' got to number six in the charts. His first album was a flop but a second released this month got to 35 in the charts.
- 2016 - Kevin Simm - a former member of Liberty X. His single reached 24 in the UK charts but his album failed to chart.