Game Of Thrones Free Bets
Few series have captured the imagination of the viewing public like the HBO series ‘Game of Thrones.’ Even those who don’t usually follow fantasy series featuring dragons, magic and an army of dead people, have been hooked on the show and can’t wait for the next season to begin.
The series is based on the books of George R R Martin and the first of its seven seasons to date began in April 2011. There are many changes from the books and the recent seasons have seen the TV Show jump ahead of the books with no new novels being published in recent years.
The eighth and final season of ‘Game of Thrones’ will finally determine who ends up on the Iron Throne and rule Westeros and the seven Kingdoms. Just when that final season is due to start is yet to be confirmed. Filming will start in the new year and the final episodes may not air until the end of 2018 or perhaps even the start of 2019 but one thing is for sure: There are aren't many other TV series that command the level of betting interest that G.O.T does.
Brandt Snedeker is 4/6 at Ladbrokes to win the Wyndham Championship
What is Game of Thrones All About
The series tells the story of the seemingly never-ending civil war in Westeros and the seven Kingdoms. There are many contenders for the throne held at the end of season seven by the evil Cersei Lannister played by Lena Headley. The Queen doesn’t think twice about double crossing and murdering her enemies and has been in a foul mood since being made to carry out a Walk of Shame at the end of season six. Among those targeting the Iron Throne are Daenerys Targaryen, Jon Snow and the evil Nights King but it’s yet to be seen whether they can defeat Cersei.
Game of Thrones Betting Markets
The main betting market for this series concentrates on who will sit on the Iron Throne at the end of season eight. The seventh season ended in August 2017 and the constant theories over what is going to happen when the show returns for its final series are never-ending. Here’s a look at the main contenders
- Jon Snow is the current favourite and available at 2/1 with Skybet on February 25 which is when this article is being updated. The King of the North has some big revelations ahead of him in the final series. Considered to be the bastard son of Ned Stark and falling in love with and bedding Daenerys Targaryen, he is in fact her brother and ahead of her in the race to claim the Iron Throne. Once the truth is revealed, he might not even make it to the end of the series considering his beloved still has two dragons under her control. Rumours talk of scenes between him and Cersei Lannister, so it could be him who kills her, or perhaps come up with some unlikely alliance.
- Any child of Jon Snow - Also 2/1 at Skybet and this does make sense. Judging by the end of the last series, Jon Snow could well be a father soon. The prophecies seem to indicate that Daenerys will die and knowing this series, so will Jon. If they get control before their deaths, then we could end up with their child on the throne.
- Daenerys Targaryen – For several seasons the daughter of the Mad King and Mother of Dragons has been building alliances and acquiring armies. Not afraid to set her dragons on any of her enemies, she must be a leading fancy to take the throne even if she has only got two of them left. That revelation over the parentage of Jon Snow is going to be the key factor as well as how her army fares against the Night’s King. That prophecy is a bit worrying though. She’s 7/2with Sky Bet.
- Sansa Stark – Having spent a fair amount of time seeing how Cersei Lannister operates, Sansa has become a lot wiser in recent seasons. Currently in charge of the North while Jon tours the country seeking help to battle the Night’s King, she’s not adverse to dealing with her enemies. She’d like nothing better than to kill Cersei who was behind the murder of her father. To sit on the Iron Throne would take a bit of doing but once she finds out who Jon Snow really is, the King of the North will soon become her enemy.
- Cersei Lannister - Few people have more enemies than this woman and it'll be amazing if she survives. Even her brother Jamie Lannister is tipped to kill her but death might not be the end of her. Just like a dragon, perhaps she could be resurrected by the Night King, she's 8/1 with SkyBet to end the series on the throne.
- Night’s King – Season seven ended with the Night’s King riding his recently acquired dragon and destroying the Wall. Now his army of the dead are rampaging in the North, anything could happen and he’s only 10/1 with Sky Bet to end up sitting on the Iron Throne.
- Arya Stark – it’ll take a few deaths for her to sit on the Iron Throne but this is Game of Thrones and committing murders is her favourite hobby. She still has a list of people to kill and even if not ending on the Iron Throne herself, she may well have a hand on determining who does.
- Gendry - When the series began, Robert Baratheon was King and the husband of Cersei Lannister fathered sixteen children out of wedlock and one of those is Gendry. Once his parentage becomes more widely known, he could well be in line to sit on the Iron Throne or more likely get murdered.
- Tyrion Lannister – Played by Peter Dinklage, he’d be a popular choice to end up on the Iron Throne. The brother of Cersei and Jamie but now in the Daenerys camp, he may find his loyalties becoming increasingly divided in the final season and could well turn on his current boss if getting a sniff of ruling Westeros.
When and Where to watch Game of Thrones
The series is shown on Sky Atlantic and is initially shown in the early hours of the morning at the same time when the latest episode is shown in the USA. The final series begins in early 2019. It’s likely that there will be other markets available and these are likely to be of a rather morbid nature.For example, there are likely to be markets on whether certain characters will still be alive come the end of the series. That’s never easy to predict in this series as the writers aren’t too fussy when it comes to killing off characters and some people are still in shock at the way lead character Rob Stark was suddenly killed off at the end of season one.
The first promo poster will be showcased at the Licensing Expo that takes place in Las Vegas in May. Rumours say that it features the three logos of the Stark, Targaryen and Lannister families who will be battling it out in the final series.
Up to £100 in Bet Credits for New Customers at bet365 Min deposit £5 and 1x settled bet requirement to release Bet Credits. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. 18+, Time limits and T&Cs apply.
New Customers only - deposit £10 using '10FREE' promo code. First bet must be £10 min stake at odds of 1/2 (1.5). £30 Free bets and £10 bet on any Premier League game received on settlement, valid seven days
New Customers only - £10 minimum deposit using promo code "KO10" - qualifying bet has to be min stake £10 at odds of 1/2 (1.5), free bets received on settlement and valid for 7 days plus a £10 free bet to use on Fury v Pianeta
If you fancy a break from the serious side of betting, take a look at our Topical Feature List for a bit of a giggle.Click Here To View The List »
View our latest sports articles in our betting blogRead Our Blog »