WWE Free bets and Bookie Sign-Up Offers
WWE stands for World Wrestling Entertainmen though Elias will tell you it means 'Walk With Elias' and is run by Vince McMahon Jr. The company has a history going back to the 1950s when run by McMahons' father, Vince McMahon Snr. Over the years the company has had several names including the World Wide Wrestling Federation (WWWF) and the World Wrestling Federation (WWF). Problems with the World Wildlife Fund led to the company adopting its current title.
Manchester City are 3/5 at Bet365 to beat Porto in the Champions League on Tuesday.
Odds Correct at 22:10 on 28-10-2020 and are subject to change.
Latest WWE News
Survivor Series Results
WWE Champion Drew McIntryre (Raw) lost to Universal Champion Roman Reigns (Smackdown)
US Champion Bobby Lashley (Raw) beat IC Champion Sami Zayn (Smackdown)
Raw Tag Team Champions, The New Day were defeated by Smackdown tag champions, The Street Profits
Asuka (Raw women's champion) lost to Sasha Banks (Smackdown women's champion)
5 on 5 Survivor Series Match - AJ Styles, Kevin Lee, Sheamus, Braun Strowman and Riddle (Raw) beat Kevin Owens, Seth Rollins, King Baron Corbin, Jey Uso and Otus (Smackdown) - all five Raw wrestlers survived.
5 on 5 Survivor Series Match - Shanya Baszler, Nia Jax, Peyton Royce, Lacey Evans and Lana (Raw) beat Bianca Belair, Ruby Riott, Liv Morgan, Bayley and Natalya (Smackdown) - Lana was the sole survivor
Battle Royal was won by The Miz
What WWE events can I bet on?
Most bookmakers offer odds on the PPV events held each month. Sometimes it's just the main matches on the card but for major events like WrestleMania odds can be offered on all matches. Other types of bets include:
- Results of individual matches held at the monthly PPV events
- Who Will win the Andre the Giant Memorial Trophy Battle Royal
- Most eliminations in Royal Rumble and Battle Royal matches
- How a match wlll end
- Who will be the champion at the end of the year
- Who the champions will be at the end of WrestleMania
- Who will be on the front cover of their next computer game.
Now WWE hold shows all over the world with Monday Night Raw being a live three hour show every Monday and now Smackdown is televised live every week of the year. With Smackdown going live there's been a brand split in the company.
Smackdown is currently shown live on Friday evenings after WWE signed a deal with Fox.
2018 saw WWE introduce NXT:UK which is based in the UK using mainly British wrestlers. It's shown weekly on the WWE Network with new content due on September 17 with matches being held at the BT Studios in London. The network also offers access to exclusive programs and a massive library of past events.
British and Irish WWE Wrestlers
- Drew McIntyre - The first ever British wrestler to become WWE Champion. Drew hails from Scotland and is on his second run with WWE. He won the NXT title from Bobby Roode and the day after WrestleMania 34, held in 2018, he debuted on Raw teaming up with Dolph Ziggler and became Raw tag champions but dropped the belt to Rollins and Ambrose on October 22. McIntyre split from Dolph Ziggler on the December 3 edition of Raw. He lost to Roman Reigns at WrestleMania 35 and was then transferred to Raw. He won the 2020 Royal Rumble and took the WWE Title from Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania 36. He lost the title to Randy Orton at Hell in the Cell on October 26. He regained the title on November 16.
- Sheamus - The Celtic Warrior is easily one of the most decorated performers in the industry today. He has won the Royal Rumble, the King of the Ring and the Money in the Bank match, and only Hall of Famer Edge can match that feat. He is a four-time world champion and has recently had a tag team title run with Cesaro under the name 'The Bar' before losing the belts to Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins at Summerslam and lost the rematch at 'No Mercy'. Lost the belts at WrestleMania and moved to Smackdown. The Bar recently lost in the Smackdown number one contenders tournament and didn't take part in a match at Summerslam. They regained the titles on the October 16th edition of Smackdown beating The New Day after interference by The Big Show. They lost the titles to The Miz and Shane McMahon at the 2019 Royal Rumble. Sheamus missed most of 2019 due to injury but is now back on Raw.
- Finn Balor - The Demon was a huge deal before he ever made his way to a WWE ring. After making his name in Ireland and then Great Britain he had great sucess in Japan as a member of the Bullet Club - probably the biggest stable since the NWO back in the 1990s - he came to NXT and was one of the most successful champions in the developmental brand's short history. He then moved up to the main roster and was the first-ever WWE Universal champion at SummerSlam 2016, but he had to relinquish the title the next night after suffering a shoulder injury. After a win on Monday January 14, he clinched a shot at Brock Lesnar's Universal title at the Royal Rumble. He lost the match but won the Intercontinental title at the Elimination Chamber PPV. He lost the title in March but as The Demon King, regained the title at WrestleMania 35. He now wrestles in NXT and in September 2020 became the NXT Champion for the second time. He recently underwent surgery after breaking his jaw in a recent title defence against Kyle O'Reilly (and you say it's fixed?).
- Paige - The anti-Diva, who has since started appearing on the Total Divas reality TV show, made a blistering impact in the early stages of her main roster career, but a string of controversies has seen her stock dramatically fall over the past year or so. In her debut match on the main roster, she won the Divas Championship from AJ Lee, becoming the youngest champion in the title's history at the age of 21. Injuries and supsension kept he out of the ring for a year. A film about her life and that of the Knight family is being released in 2019. She did recently make her comeback leading the Absolution faction but has suffered another injury and this has forced her to retire from in-ring competition. She has been managing the Kabuki Warriors tag team but they turned on her after winning the tag titles. Now works backstage for WWE.
- Drake Maverick - The British wrestler first made his name as Rockstar Spud and won TNA's British Bootcamp show. He left that company in 2018 and has now debuted in WWE. He's now called Drake Maverick and is the General Manager of 205 Live. September 2018 saw him become the manager of the Raw tag team The Authors of Pain who won the tag titles on the November 5 edition of Raw. He had a rather unfortunate moment at the Survivor Series, wetting himself while being attacked by the Big Show. His team won the Raw tag titles last month but lost them to Bobby Roode and Chad Gable on December 10 but ther opponents have recently regained those titles. Maverick won his first WWE title when beating R-Truth (while dressed as Carmella) for the WWE 24/7 title but lost it days later when pinned by R-Truth just after hed got married. He regained the title on the July 1 edition of Raw but has again won and lost it since then. He is yet to consummate his marriage! He was releassed from his contract due to the COVID-19 pandemic but continued to take part in the Interim NXT Cruiswerweight title tournament. Maverick lost in the final but has now been given an NXT contract.
- Nikki Cross - Cross has made her debut on the Raw brand earlier this year after spending time in NXT as part of SAnitY. Currently allgined with Alexa Bliss and on August 5 they won the Women's tag team titles. They lost the titles to the Kabuki Warriors and Cross is now wrestling on the Smackdown brand. She has reformed her partnership with Bliss and regained the tag titles at WrestleMania. The titles were lost on the June 5 edition of Smackdown with Bayley and Sasha Banks defeating them. Cross failed in a Smackdown title shot at Bayley at the Extreme Rules PPV. She was moved to Raw in the recent WWE Draft.
- Danny Burch - Previously wrestled in the UK as Martin Stone, winning several major titles including the RQW Championship. He signed with WWE in 2011 and has mainly worked in the NXT brand. He was released in 2014 but after a brief spell with TNA, returned to NXT in 2015. There has been appearances on 205 Live but he's yet to make it to the main roster. October 2020 saw him team up with Orney Lucan to win the NXT Tag team titles.
The General Manager of NXT is William Regal who has been in the company for the past 16 years.
Current WWE Champions
WWE Champion : Drew McIntyre (won from Randy Orton)
Raw Tag Team Champions: The New Day (announced as Raw champs after being drafted)
WWE US Champion : Bobby Lashley (won from Apollo Crews)
Raw Women's Champion : Asuka (won from Sasha Banks)
Men's Royal Rumble Winner : Drew McIntyre
King of the Ring: Baron Corbin (beat Chad Gable in the final)
Money in the Bank holder - The Miz (won from Otis at Hell in the Cell)
Universal Title: : Roman Reigns (won from the Fiend)
WWE Intercontinental Champion : Sami Zayn (won from Jeff Hardy)
Smackdown Tag Team Champions : The Street Profits (announced as champions after being drafted to Smackdown)
Smackdown Women's Champion : Sasha Banks (won from Bayley)
Women's Tag Team Champions : Shayna Bazsler and Nia Jax (won from Bayley and Sasha Banks)
Women's Royal Rumble Winner : Charlotte Flair
24/7 Title : R-Truth (won from Akira Tozawa)
UK Champion : Walter (won from Pete Dunne)
Women's Champion : Kay Lee Ray (won from Toni Storm)
Tag Champions : Gallus ( won from Mark Andrews and Flash Morgan Webster)
NXT Champion: Finn Balor - (beat Adam Cole in match for vacant title).
NXT Women's Champion: Io Shirai (won in triple threat match against champin and Rhea Ripley with the latter being pinned)
NXT Tag Team Champions: Oney Lorcan and Danny Burch (won from Breezango)
NXT North American Champion: Leon Ruff (won from Johnny Gargano)
Cruiserweight Title : Interim Champion: El Hijo del Fantasma (beat Drake Maverick in tournament final).
The company has been running shows at the world famous Madison Square Gardens for decades but has not always been running shows all over the States as they do now. At one time professional wrestling in the USA was run by the National Wrestling Alliance (NWA) and comprised of a number of wrestling companies in each area of the states. These were known as territories and it was agreed that they wouldn't run shows in other companies areas.
When Vince McMahon Jr took over he changed all that and began running shows around the country. He took many of the top wrestlers from other companies driving them out of business. In the 1980s the company began holding PPV events such as WrestleMania, Summerslam and the Survivor Series, events that continue to this very day.
A whole host of celebrities have been part of WWE in the past. That even includes President Trump who at one time 'owned' Raw, staged WrestleMania at his hotel and was even part of a Hair v Hair match against Mr McMahon at WrestleMania.;
There have been rivals to McMahon's empire and at one time in the 1990s World Championship Wrestling (WCW) was getting more viewers as both had major shows on Monday evenings. WCW faded and were eventually purchased by WWE.