WWE Free bets and Bookie Sign-Up Offers
WWE stands for World Wrestling Entertainmen though Elias will tell you it means 'Walk With Elias' and is run by Vince McMahon Jr. The company has a history going back to the 1950s when run by McMahons' father, Vince McMahon Snr. Over the years the company has had several names including the World Wide Wrestling Federation (WWWF) and the World Wrestling Federation (WWF). Problems with the World Wildlife Fund led to the company adapting its current title.
Villarreal are 6/5 at Bet365 to beat Real Sociedad in La Liga on Monday evening.
Odds Correct at 23:07 on 12-07-2020 and are subject to change.
Latest WWE News
Has The Undertaker Retired?
The Undertaker has been one of the top superstars in WWE since debuting in 1990 at the Survivor Series. Real name, Mark Calloway, he's now 55 years old and for the past few years has only made sporadic appearances for the company. He is a regular at their top show WrestleMania and this year had a Boneyard Match against AJ Styles. The Undertaker famously won 21 matches in a row at WrestleMania before his streak was ended by Brock Lesnar,
He has constantly protected his character and rarely gave interviews. That has changed in recent years and the WWE Network recently showed the documentary series 'The Last Ride.' This was a backstage documentary and in the final episode, Calloway said that he had no desire to fight again. Wrestlers retirements don't always seem to last forever but it look as if we may have seen the last of The Undertaker in the ring. He's likely to be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame next year, which means we're likely to see him at WrestleMania one more time.
Ziggler to be McIntyre's Next Challenger
The next WWE PPV is Extreme Rules and is due to take place at the WWE Performance Centre and on location on Sunday 19 July. It's been subtitled 'The Horror Show' but hopefully it won't be that bad. Several matches have been announced including Drew Mcintyre's next WWE Title defence. He's due to take on former partner Dolph Ziggler though a title change doesn't look likely. The Universal Champion Braun Strowman faces Bray Wyatt in a Swamp Rules match but the title won't be on the line, so look for Wyatt to get the win.
Scottish wrestler Nikki Storm gets a shot at the Smackown Women's Title held by Bayley. Could we see two Scottish champions in WWE? Sasha Banks chalenges Asuka for the Raw Women's Title. Look for Bayley to cost Banks the match somewhow to set up a feud between them later this summer.
WWE Title: Drew McIntyre defends against Dolph Ziggler
Non-Title Match fought under Wyatt Swamp Rules - Braun Strowman takes on Bray Wyatt
Smackdown Women's Title - Nikki Cross challenges champion Bayley.
Raw Women's Title - Asuka defends against Sasha Banks.
US Title - Apollo Crews puts his belt on the line against MVP.
Eye for an Eye Match - Seth Rollins v Rey Mysterio - match is won by pulling out of your opponent's eyes! Scheduled to be a 'cinematic' match with SFX, so not a real wrestling match then.
McIntyre Successfully Defends WWE Title against Bobby Lashley at Backlash
The Backlash WWE PPV took place on Sunday 14 June. There were no major title changes on the card. WWE Champion Drew McIntyre successfully defended his title with a win over Bobby Lashley. Full results were:
WWE Title: Drew McIntyre retained his title beating Bobby Lashley
Universal Title: Braun Strowman successfully kept his title winning a handicap match against The Miz and John Morrison.
Raw Women's Title: Asuka is still champion, her match against Nia Jax ended in a double count out.
Sheamus beat Jeff Hardy
In a match described as 'The Greatest Wrestling Match Ever' (it wasn't and was never going to be) Randy Orton pinned Edge.
WWE Women's Tag Team Titles - Sasha Banks and Bayley retained beating the teams of Nikki Cross and Alexa Bliss and The Iiconics.
WWE US Title - Apollo Crews beat Andrade to retain his title.
Becky Lynch announces pregnancy and vacates Title
Becky Lynch had held the Raw Women's title for just over a year and seen off all challengers. Lynch hadn't wrestled a match since WrestleMania and now we can see why. On the 11 May edition of Raw, the Irish wrestler announced that she had to go away for some time. She then shocked Asuka, who the night before had won the Women's Money in the Bank briefcase, that she hadn't won a shot at the title. Instead, the match had been for the vacant title and the shocked Japanese wrestler was now the champion. All the time, the briefcase didn't contain a contract but the title belt itself. Lynch, 33, then told the new champion, "go and be a warrior, because I'm going to be a mother." Lynch is engaged to WWE wrestler Seth Rollins and their baby is due in December. It'st's not known whether she will make a return to the ring but who knows she might just come chasing that title next April at WrestleMania.
Otus Wins Money in the Bank Briefcase
The 2020 Money in the Bank PPV was held on Sunday 10 May at the Performance Center and WWE HQ. Again, the show was held behind closed doors with no audience. The two Money in the Bank matches were held at the same time at WWE HQ. Action began downstairs in the gym and wrestlers had to fight their way all the way up to the roof where there was a wrestling ring. Up above that ring were the two Money in the Bank briefcases.
Both matches were chaotic with guest appearance from Brother Love, Vince McMahon, an appalling Doink the Clown, Paul Heyman (cue food fight) and John Laurinatis. Asuka won the women's Money in the Bank and then of course got that big surprise the following day. Well, not really as the matches had been filmed sometime beforehand. The men's briefcase went to Otis, a comedy character currently going out with Mandy Rose. Otis didn't even climb the ladder, AJ Styles had it but then dropped it and Otis caught it. He's now likely to cash the briefcase in on Universal Champion Braun Strowman, a match few of us want to see.
Also on the card, Drew McIntryre retained his WWE Title. The Scottish wrestler won the title at WrestleMania defeating Brock Lesnar. He's the first British-born wrestler to win the belt.
WWE Title: Drew McIntyre beat Seth Rollins to retain his title.
Universal Title: Braun Strowman retained his title with a win over Bray Wyatt
Men's Money in the Bank match: Otis beat AJ Styles, King Corbin, Aleister Black, Rey Mysterio and Daniel Bryan.
Women's Money in the Bank match: Asuka beat Carmella, Nia Jax, Dana Brooke, Shayna Baszler and Lacey Evans.
Smackdown Women's Title: Bayley retained beating Tamina Snuka
Smackdown Tag Team Titles: The New Day kept their titles winning a four-way match against the teams of The Forgotten Sons, The Miz and John Morrison and the Lucha House Party.
Bobby Lashley beat R-Truth
Jeff Hardy beat Cesaro
What WWE events can I bet on?
Most bookmakers offer odds on the PPV events held each month. Sometimes it's just the main matches on the card but for major events like WrestleMania odds can be offered on all matches. Other types of bets include:
- Results of individual matches held at the monthly PPV events
- Who Will win the Andre the Giant Memorial Trophy Battle Royal
- Most eliminations in Royal Rumble and Battle Royal matches
- How a match wlll end
- Who will be the champion at the end of the year
- Who the champions will be at the end of WrestleMania
- Who will be on the front cover of their next computer game.
Now WWE hold shows all over the world with Monday Night Raw being a live three hour show every Monday and now Smackdown is televised live every week of the year. With Smackdown going live there's been a brand split in the company.
Smackdown is currently shown live on Friday evenings after WWE signed a deal with Fox.
2018 saw WWE introduce NXT:UK which is based in the UK using mainly British wrestlers. It's shown weekly on the WWE Network. The network also offers access to exclusive programs and a massive library of past events.
British and Irish WWE Wrestlers
- Drew McIntyre - The first ever British wrestler to become WWE Champion. Drew hails from Scotland and is on his second run with WWE. He won the NXT title from Bobby Roode and the day after WrestleMania 34, held in 2018, he debuted on Raw teaming up with Dolph Ziggler and became Raw tag champions but dropped the belt to Rollins and Ambrose on October 22. McIntyre split from Dolph Ziggler on the December 3 edition of Raw. He lost to Roman Reigns at WrestleMania 35 and was then transferred to Raw. He won the 2020 Royal Rumble and won the WWE Title from Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania 36.
- Sheamus - The Celtic Warrior is easily one of the most decorated performers in the industry today. He has won the Royal Rumble, the King of the Ring and the Money in the Bank match, and only Hall of Famer Edge can match that feat. He is a four-time world champion and has recently had a tag team title run with Cesaro under the name 'The Bar' before losing the belts to Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins at Summerslam and lost the rematch at 'No Mercy'. Lost the belts at WrestleMania and moved to Smackdown. The Bar recently lost in the Smackdown number one contenders tournament and didn't take part in a match at Summerslam. They regained the titles on the October 16th edition of Smackdown beating The New Day after interference by The Big Show. They lost the titles to The Miz and Shane McMahon at the 2019 Royal Rumble. Sheamus missed most of 2019 due to injury but is now back on Smackdown and feuding with Jeff Hardy.
- Finn Balor - The Demon was a huge deal before he ever made his way to a WWE ring. After making his name in Ireland and then Great Britain he had great sucess in Japan as a member of the Bullet Club - probably the biggest stable since the NWO back in the 1990s - he came to NXT and was one of the most successful champions in the developmental brand's short history. He then moved up to the main roster and was the first-ever WWE Universal champion at SummerSlam 2016, but he had to relinquish the title the next night after suffering a shoulder injury. After a win on Monday January 14, he clinched a shot at Brock Lesnar's Universal title at the Royal Rumble. He lost the match but won the Intercontinental title at the Elimination Chamber PPV. He lost the title in March but as The Demon King, regained the title at WrestleMania 35. He now wrestles in NXT and has turned heel.
- Noam Darr - The Scottish cruiserweight (born in Israel) made his debut on Raw television when they visited Scotland at the tail end of 2016 to a big pop from his home fans. He has become a regular on the WWE show '205 Live' which is dedicated to cruiserweights. He managed to get Alicia Fox as his girlfriend before turning on her. He has just returned from injury and became number one challenger to the UK title but was unable to defeat Pete Dunne.
- Paige - The anti-Diva, who has since started appearing on the Total Divas reality TV show, made a blistering impact in the early stages of her main roster career, but a string of controversies has seen her stock dramatically fall over the past year or so. In her debut match on the main roster, she won the Divas Championship from AJ Lee, becoming the youngest champion in the title's history at the age of 21. Injuries and supsension kept he out of the ring for a year. A film about her life and that of the Knight family is being released in 2019. She did recently make her comeback leading the Absolution faction but has suffered another injury and this has forced her to retire from in-ring competition. She has been managing the Kabuki Warriors tag team but they turned on her after winning the tag titles. Now works backstage for WWE.
- Drake Maverick - The British wrestler first made his name as Rockstar Spud and won TNA's British Bootcamp show. He left that company in 2018 and has now debuted in WWE. He's now called Drake Maverick and is the General Manager of 205 Live. September 2018 saw him become the manager of the Raw tag team The Authors of Pain who won the tag titles on the November 5 edition of Raw. He had a rather unfortunate moment at the Survivor Series, wetting himself while being attacked by the Big Show. His team won the Raw tag titles last month but lost them to Bobby Roode and Chad Gable on December 10 but ther opponents have recently regained those titles. Maverick won his first WWE title when beating R-Truth (while dressed as Carmella) for the WWE 24/7 title but lost it days later when pinned by R-Truth just after hed got married. He regained the title on the July 1 edition of Raw but has again won and lost it since then. He is yet to consummate his marriage! He was releassed from his contract due to the COVID-19 pandemic but continued to take part in the Interim NXT Cruiswerweight title tournament. Maverick lost in the final but has now been given an NXT contract.
- Nikki Cross - Cross has made her debut on the Raw brand earlier this year after spending time in NXT as part of SAnitY. Currently allgined with Alexa Bliss and on August 5 they won the Women's tag team titles. They lost the titles to the Kabuki Warriors and Cross is now wrestling on the Smackdown brand. She has reformed her partnership with Bliss and regained the tag titles at WrestleMania. The titles were lost on the June 5 edition of Smackdown with Bayley and Sasha Banks defeating them. Cross has a title shot at Bayley at the upcoming Extreme Rules PPV.
The General Manager of NXT is William Regal who has been in the company for the past 16 years.
Current WWE Champions
WWE Champion : Drew McIntyre (won from Brock Lesnar).
Raw Tag Team Champions: The Street Profits (won from Seth Rollins and Buddy Murphy).
WWE US Champion : Apollo Crews (won from Andrade).
Raw Women's Champion : Asuka (title won in the Money in the Bank ladder match)/
Men's Royal Rumble Winner : Drew McIntyre
Money in the Bank holder : Brock Lesnar (cashed in at Extreme Rules).
King of the Ring: Baron Corbin (beat Chad Gable in the final)
Universal Title: : Braun Strowman (won from 'Goldberg).
WWE Intercontinental Champion : AJ Styles (beat Daniel Bryan in tournament final).
Smackdown Tag Team Champions : The New Day (won from The Miz and John Morrison)
Smackdown Women's Champion : Bayley (won from Charlotte Flair).
Women's Tag Team Champions : Bayley and Sasha Banks (won from Nikki Cross and Alexa Bliss)
Women's Royal Rumble Winner : Charlotte Flair
24/7 Title : R-Truth (won from Akira Tazawa) - Truth has now won this title 37 times!
UK Champion : Walter (won from Pete Dunne)
Women's Champion : Kay Lee Ray (won from Toni Storm)
Tag Champions : Gallus ( won from Mark Andrews and Flash Morgan Webster)
NXT Champion: Keith Lee (won from Adam Cole in a title v title match).
NXT Women's Champion: Io Shirai (won in triple threat match against champin and Rhea Ripley with the latter being pinned)
NXT Tag Team Champions: Imperium (won from Matt Riddle and Timothy Thatcher).
NXT North American Champion: Keith Lee (won from Roderick Strong)
Cruiserweight Title : Interim Champion: El Hijo del Fantasma (beat Drake Maverick in tournament final).
The company has been running shows at the world famous Madison Square Gardens for decades but has not always been running shows all over the States as they do now. At one time professional wrestling in the USA was run by the National Wrestling Alliance (NWA) and comprised of a number of wrestling companies in each area of the states. These were known as territories and it was agreed that they wouldn't run shows in other companies areas.
When Vince McMahon Jr took over he changed all that and began running shows around the country. He took many of the top wrestlers from other companies driving them out of business. In the 1980s the company began holding PPV events such as WrestleMania, Summerslam and the Survivor Series, events that continue to this very day.
A whole host of celebrities have been part of WWE in the past. That even includes President Trump who at one time 'owned' Raw, staged WrestleMania at his hotel and was even part of a Hair v Hair match against Mr McMahon at WrestleMania.;
There have been rivals to McMahon's empire and at one time in the 1990s World Championship Wrestling (WCW) was getting more viewers as both had major shows on Monday evenings. WCW faded and were eventually purchased by WWE.