WWE Free bets and Bookie Sign-Up Offers
WWE stands for World Wrestling Entertainmen though Elias will tell you it means 'Walk With Elias' and is run by Vince McMahon Jr. The company has a history going back to the 1950s when run by McMahons' father, Vince McMahon Snr. Over the years the company has had several names including the World Wide Wrestling Federation (WWWF) and the World Wrestling Federation (WWF). Problems with the World Wildlife Fund led to the company adapting its current title.
Southampton are 8/11 at Bet365 to beat Brentford in the EFL Cup on Wednesday evening.
Odds Correct at 21:09 on 20-09-2020 and are subject to change.
Latest WWE News
Randy Orton Wins Another Shot at the WWE Title
The next PPV is on September 27 and is Clash of the Champions. It will again be held inside the Thunderdome at the Amway Centre in Florida. Already confirmed is Drew McIntyre defending his WWE Title against Randy Orton. McIntyre beat the American at Summerslam but Orton won a three-way against Keith Lee and Seth Rollins to earn a title shot at the end of this month.
Over on Smackdown, Roman Reigns will defend his Universal Title against Jey Uso who just happens to be his cousin. Also on the card, the new Women's tag team champions, Shanya Bazsler and Nia Jax will put their belts on the line against The Riott Squad.
Roman Reigns Regains Universal Title at Payback
Just a week after making his return to WWE, Roman Reigns regained his WWE Universal Title at August 30th's Payback PPV. Now managed by Paul Heyman, the heel Reigns pinned Braun Strowman in a triple threat match that also included the defending champion The Fiend. Reigns is now due to be feuding with The Fiend in the coming weeks. The PPV saw two other titles change hands as Nia Jax (acting like a child after winning the belt) and Shayna Baszler won the women's tag belts from Bayley and Sasha 'No Belts' Banks. The US Title also has a new champion with Bobby Lashley winning the belt from Apollo Crews. It's 14 years since Lashley last held that title.
WWE Universal Title: Roman Reigns won the title back winning a triple threat match against The Fiend and Braun Strowman (pinned)
Women's Tag Team Title: Nia Jaz and Shayna Baszler won the belts from Bayley (submitted) and Sasha Banks
US Title: Bobby Lashley pinned Apollo Crews to win the title.
Dominick and Rey Mysterio beat Seth Rollins and Murphy when Dominick pinned Rollins
Big E beat Sheamus
Matt Riddle beat King Corbin
Keith Lee beat Randy Orton
The Fiend Regains Universal Title at Summerslam
Summerslam was held on Sunday August 23 inside the new Thunderdome at the Amway Centre in Orlando, Florida. This sees the ring surrounded by virtual fans on screens and it looked pretty good. In ring action saw a few title changes as The Fiend defeated Braun Strowman to regain the Universal Title but after the match, Roman Reigns made his return and attacked The Fiend. Sasha Banks lost her Raw Women's belt to Asuka but Drew McIntyre is still WWE Champion after beating Randy Orton.
Drew McIntyre pinned Randy Orton to retain his WWE Title
The Fiend regained the Universal Title with a win over Braun Strowman
Bayley defeated Asuka to retain her Smackdown Women's title
Later on the card, Asuka defeated Sasha Banks to regain her Raw Women's Title
The Street Profits beat Andrade and Angel Garza to keep their Raw Tag Team Titles
Seth Rollins beat Dominik Mysterio
Mandy Rose beat Sonja Deville in a Loser must leave WWE match (she'll be back)
Apollo Crews kept his US Title with a win over MVP.
Otus Wins Money in the Bank Briefcase
The 2020 Money in the Bank PPV was held on Sunday 10 May at the Performance Center and WWE HQ. Again, the show was held behind closed doors with no audience. The two Money in the Bank matches were held at the same time at WWE HQ. Action began downstairs in the gym and wrestlers had to fight their way all the way up to the roof where there was a wrestling ring. Up above that ring were the two Money in the Bank briefcases.
Both matches were chaotic with guest appearance from Brother Love, Vince McMahon, an appalling Doink the Clown, Paul Heyman (cue food fight) and John Laurinatis. Asuka won the women's Money in the Bank and then of course got that big surprise the following day. Well, not really as the matches had been filmed sometime beforehand. The men's briefcase went to Otis, a comedy character currently going out with Mandy Rose. Otis didn't even climb the ladder, AJ Styles had it but then dropped it and Otis caught it. There's no sign of him cashing in his contract and with Roman Reigns now back on the scene, it's probably going to be a fair while before he does so.
What WWE events can I bet on?
Most bookmakers offer odds on the PPV events held each month. Sometimes it's just the main matches on the card but for major events like WrestleMania odds can be offered on all matches. Other types of bets include:
- Results of individual matches held at the monthly PPV events
- Who Will win the Andre the Giant Memorial Trophy Battle Royal
- Most eliminations in Royal Rumble and Battle Royal matches
- How a match wlll end
- Who will be the champion at the end of the year
- Who the champions will be at the end of WrestleMania
- Who will be on the front cover of their next computer game.
Now WWE hold shows all over the world with Monday Night Raw being a live three hour show every Monday and now Smackdown is televised live every week of the year. With Smackdown going live there's been a brand split in the company.
Smackdown is currently shown live on Friday evenings after WWE signed a deal with Fox.
2018 saw WWE introduce NXT:UK which is based in the UK using mainly British wrestlers. It's shown weekly on the WWE Network with new content due on September 17 with matches being held at the BT Studios in London. The network also offers access to exclusive programs and a massive library of past events.
British and Irish WWE Wrestlers
- Drew McIntyre - The first ever British wrestler to become WWE Champion. Drew hails from Scotland and is on his second run with WWE. He won the NXT title from Bobby Roode and the day after WrestleMania 34, held in 2018, he debuted on Raw teaming up with Dolph Ziggler and became Raw tag champions but dropped the belt to Rollins and Ambrose on October 22. McIntyre split from Dolph Ziggler on the December 3 edition of Raw. He lost to Roman Reigns at WrestleMania 35 and was then transferred to Raw. He won the 2020 Royal Rumble and won the WWE Title from Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania 36.
- Sheamus - The Celtic Warrior is easily one of the most decorated performers in the industry today. He has won the Royal Rumble, the King of the Ring and the Money in the Bank match, and only Hall of Famer Edge can match that feat. He is a four-time world champion and has recently had a tag team title run with Cesaro under the name 'The Bar' before losing the belts to Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins at Summerslam and lost the rematch at 'No Mercy'. Lost the belts at WrestleMania and moved to Smackdown. The Bar recently lost in the Smackdown number one contenders tournament and didn't take part in a match at Summerslam. They regained the titles on the October 16th edition of Smackdown beating The New Day after interference by The Big Show. They lost the titles to The Miz and Shane McMahon at the 2019 Royal Rumble. Sheamus missed most of 2019 due to injury but is now back on Smackdown and feuding with Jeff Hardy.
- Finn Balor - The Demon was a huge deal before he ever made his way to a WWE ring. After making his name in Ireland and then Great Britain he had great sucess in Japan as a member of the Bullet Club - probably the biggest stable since the NWO back in the 1990s - he came to NXT and was one of the most successful champions in the developmental brand's short history. He then moved up to the main roster and was the first-ever WWE Universal champion at SummerSlam 2016, but he had to relinquish the title the next night after suffering a shoulder injury. After a win on Monday January 14, he clinched a shot at Brock Lesnar's Universal title at the Royal Rumble. He lost the match but won the Intercontinental title at the Elimination Chamber PPV. He lost the title in March but as The Demon King, regained the title at WrestleMania 35. He now wrestles in NXT and has turned heel.
- Noam Darr - The Scottish cruiserweight (born in Israel) made his debut on Raw television when they visited Scotland at the tail end of 2016 to a big pop from his home fans. He has become a regular on the WWE show '205 Live' which is dedicated to cruiserweights. He managed to get Alicia Fox as his girlfriend before turning on her. He has just returned from injury and became number one challenger to the UK title but was unable to defeat Pete Dunne.
- Paige - The anti-Diva, who has since started appearing on the Total Divas reality TV show, made a blistering impact in the early stages of her main roster career, but a string of controversies has seen her stock dramatically fall over the past year or so. In her debut match on the main roster, she won the Divas Championship from AJ Lee, becoming the youngest champion in the title's history at the age of 21. Injuries and supsension kept he out of the ring for a year. A film about her life and that of the Knight family is being released in 2019. She did recently make her comeback leading the Absolution faction but has suffered another injury and this has forced her to retire from in-ring competition. She has been managing the Kabuki Warriors tag team but they turned on her after winning the tag titles. Now works backstage for WWE.
- Drake Maverick - The British wrestler first made his name as Rockstar Spud and won TNA's British Bootcamp show. He left that company in 2018 and has now debuted in WWE. He's now called Drake Maverick and is the General Manager of 205 Live. September 2018 saw him become the manager of the Raw tag team The Authors of Pain who won the tag titles on the November 5 edition of Raw. He had a rather unfortunate moment at the Survivor Series, wetting himself while being attacked by the Big Show. His team won the Raw tag titles last month but lost them to Bobby Roode and Chad Gable on December 10 but ther opponents have recently regained those titles. Maverick won his first WWE title when beating R-Truth (while dressed as Carmella) for the WWE 24/7 title but lost it days later when pinned by R-Truth just after hed got married. He regained the title on the July 1 edition of Raw but has again won and lost it since then. He is yet to consummate his marriage! He was releassed from his contract due to the COVID-19 pandemic but continued to take part in the Interim NXT Cruiswerweight title tournament. Maverick lost in the final but has now been given an NXT contract.
- Nikki Cross - Cross has made her debut on the Raw brand earlier this year after spending time in NXT as part of SAnitY. Currently allgined with Alexa Bliss and on August 5 they won the Women's tag team titles. They lost the titles to the Kabuki Warriors and Cross is now wrestling on the Smackdown brand. She has reformed her partnership with Bliss and regained the tag titles at WrestleMania. The titles were lost on the June 5 edition of Smackdown with Bayley and Sasha Banks defeating them. Cross failed in a Smackdown title shot at Bayley at the Extreme Rules PPV.
The General Manager of NXT is William Regal who has been in the company for the past 16 years.
Current WWE Champions
WWE Champion : Drew McIntyre (won from Brock Lesnar).
Raw Tag Team Champions: The Street Profits (won from Seth Rollins and Buddy Murphy).
WWE US Champion : Bobby Lashley (won from Apollo Crews)
Raw Women's Champion : Asuka (won from Sasha Banks)
Men's Royal Rumble Winner : Drew McIntyre
King of the Ring: Baron Corbin (beat Chad Gable in the final)
Universal Title: : Roman Reigns (won from the Fiend)
WWE Intercontinental Champion : Jeff Hardy (won from AJ Styles)
Smackdown Tag Team Champions : Cesaro and Shinsuke Nakamura (won from The New Day)
Smackdown Women's Champion : Bayley (won from Charlotte Flair).
Women's Tag Team Champions : Shayna Bazsler and Nia Jax (won from Bayley and Sasha Banks)
Women's Royal Rumble Winner : Charlotte Flair
24/7 Title : Akira Tozawa (won from Cedric Alexander)
UK Champion : Walter (won from Pete Dunne)
Women's Champion : Kay Lee Ray (won from Toni Storm)
Tag Champions : Gallus ( won from Mark Andrews and Flash Morgan Webster)
NXT Champion: Title Vacant - Karrion Kross won the title from Keith Lee but sustained an injury and had to vacate the belt. A Fatal 4 Way match between Adam Cole, Tomassa Ciampa, Johnny Gargano and Finn Balor (all previous title holders) will take place on Tuesday 1 September to crown a new champion.
NXT Women's Champion: Io Shirai (won in triple threat match against champin and Rhea Ripley with the latter being pinned)
NXT Tag Team Champions: Breezango - (won from Imperium)
NXT North American Champion: Damian Priest (won ladder match to win title vacated by Keith Lee)
Cruiserweight Title : Interim Champion: El Hijo del Fantasma (beat Drake Maverick in tournament final).
The company has been running shows at the world famous Madison Square Gardens for decades but has not always been running shows all over the States as they do now. At one time professional wrestling in the USA was run by the National Wrestling Alliance (NWA) and comprised of a number of wrestling companies in each area of the states. These were known as territories and it was agreed that they wouldn't run shows in other companies areas.
When Vince McMahon Jr took over he changed all that and began running shows around the country. He took many of the top wrestlers from other companies driving them out of business. In the 1980s the company began holding PPV events such as WrestleMania, Summerslam and the Survivor Series, events that continue to this very day.
A whole host of celebrities have been part of WWE in the past. That even includes President Trump who at one time 'owned' Raw, staged WrestleMania at his hotel and was even part of a Hair v Hair match against Mr McMahon at WrestleMania.;
There have been rivals to McMahon's empire and at one time in the 1990s World Championship Wrestling (WCW) was getting more viewers as both had major shows on Monday evenings. WCW faded and were eventually purchased by WWE.