WWE Free bets and Bookie Sign-Up Offers
WWE stands for World Wrestling Entertainmen though Elias will tell you it means 'Walk With Elias' and is run by Vince McMahon Jr. The company has a history going back to the 1950s when run by McMahons' father, Vince McMahon Snr. Over the years the company has had several names including the World Wide Wrestling Federation (WWWF) and the World Wrestling Federation (WWF). Problems with the World Wildlife Fund led to the company adopting its current title.
Notts Forest are 19/20 at Bet365 to beat Luton in the Championship tonight. Odds correct on publication
Odds Correct at 01:01 on 04-01-2021 and are subject to change.
Latest WWE News
The Miz Wins WWE Title at Elimination Chamber
Drew McIntyre is no longer the WWE Champion. He won the Elimination Chamber match on Sunday 21 February beating former champions, Sheamus, AJ Styles, Jeff Hardy, Kofi Kingston and Randy Orton. The Scottish wrestler didn't have a chance to celebrate as he was attacked by Bobby Lashley. That attack gave The Miz a chance to come to the ring and cash in his Money in the Bank briefcase to win the title. With WrestleMania 37 in April, it'll be interesting to see what happens next. Will we see a McIntryre v Lashley feud? Perhaps a rematch with The Miz?
That was the second title change on the card. Earlier Riddle had won the US Title from Lashley in a triple threat match that also included James Morrison. It was Morrison who was pinned but Lashley still lost the title.
Roman Reigns is still the Universal Champion. The Smackdown Elimination Chamber match saw Daniel Bryan defeat Kevin Owens, King Baron Corbin, Jey Uso and Sami Zayn to earn a title shot. That happened straight after the chamber match and with Bryan struggling to recover, Reigns got a quick win in a rather pointless match.
The Women's Tag Titles were successfully defended by Nia 'My Hole' Jax and Shayna Baszler. They beat challengers, Smackdown Women's Champion Sasha Banks and recent Royal Rumble winner Bianca Belair.
Royal Rumble Triumphs for Edge and Bianca Belair
The Road to WrestleMania 37 began on January 31 when the Royal Rumble took place inside the Thunderdome at Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg, Florida. The two Royal Rumble matches saw the winners awarded a title shot at April's WrestleMania. Edge won the Men's Royal Rumble, while it was Bianca Belair that was victorious in the Women's Royal Rumble. Now the two winners have to decide which titles they will challenge for at WrestleMania. Edge may well challenge WWE Champion Drew McIntyre, who retained his title on Sunday beating Goldberg.
WWE Title - Drew McIntyre pinned Goldberg
Universal Title - Roman Reigns kept his title after beating Kevin Owens in a Last Man Standing match.
Smackdown Women's Title - Carmella was beaten in her bid to win the title from Sasha Banks.
Women's Tag Titles - Charlotte Flair and Asuka lost their titles to former champions Shayna Baszler and Nia Jax after interference by Lacey Evans and Ric Flair.
Men's Royal Rumble Match - Edge was the last man left in the ring with Randy Orton being the last eliminated.
Women's Royal Rumble Match - Bianca Belair was the winner with Rhea Ripley (who has to be on the main roster soon) the final opponent eliminated.
What WWE events can I bet on?
Most bookmakers offer odds on the PPV events held each month. Sometimes it's just the main matches on the card but for major events like WrestleMania odds can be offered on all matches. Other types of bets include:
- Results of individual matches held at the monthly PPV events
- Who Will win the Andre the Giant Memorial Trophy Battle Royal
- Most eliminations in Royal Rumble and Battle Royal matches
- How a match wlll end
- Who will be the champion at the end of the year
- Who the champions will be at the end of WrestleMania
- Who will be on the front cover of their next computer game.
Now WWE hold shows all over the world with Monday Night Raw being a live three hour show every Monday and now Smackdown is televised live every week of the year. With Smackdown going live there's been a brand split in the company.
Smackdown is currently shown live on Friday evenings after WWE signed a deal with Fox.
2018 saw WWE introduce NXT:UK which is based in the UK using mainly British wrestlers. It's shown weekly on the WWE Network with new content due on September 17 with matches being held at the BT Studios in London. The network also offers access to exclusive programs and a massive library of past events.
British and Irish WWE Wrestlers
- Drew McIntyre - The first ever British wrestler to become WWE Champion. Drew hails from Scotland and is on his second run with WWE. He won the NXT title from Bobby Roode and the day after WrestleMania 34, held in 2018, he debuted on Raw teaming up with Dolph Ziggler and became Raw tag champions but dropped the belt to Rollins and Ambrose on October 22. McIntyre split from Dolph Ziggler on the December 3 edition of Raw. He lost to Roman Reigns at WrestleMania 35 and was then transferred to Raw. He won the 2020 Royal Rumble and took the WWE Title from Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania 36. He lost the title to Randy Orton at Hell in the Cell on October 26. He regained the title on November 16 and lost it to The Miz on February 21.
- Sheamus - The Celtic Warrior is easily one of the most decorated performers in the industry today. He has won the Royal Rumble, the King of the Ring and the Money in the Bank match, and only Hall of Famer Edge can match that feat. He is a four-time world champion and has recently had a tag team title run with Cesaro under the name 'The Bar' before losing the belts to Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins at Summerslam and lost the rematch at 'No Mercy'. Lost the belts at WrestleMania and moved to Smackdown. The Bar recently lost in the Smackdown number one contenders tournament and didn't take part in a match at Summerslam. They regained the titles on the October 16th edition of Smackdown beating The New Day after interference by The Big Show. They lost the titles to The Miz and Shane McMahon at the 2019 Royal Rumble. Sheamus missed most of 2019 due to injury but is now back on Raw and feuding with Drew McIntyre.
- Finn Balor - The Demon was a huge deal before he ever made his way to a WWE ring. After making his name in Ireland and then Great Britain he had great sucess in Japan as a member of the Bullet Club - probably the biggest stable since the NWO back in the 1990s - he came to NXT and was one of the most successful champions in the developmental brand's short history. He then moved up to the main roster and was the first-ever WWE Universal champion at SummerSlam 2016, but he had to relinquish the title the next night after suffering a shoulder injury. After a win on Monday January 14, he clinched a shot at Brock Lesnar's Universal title at the Royal Rumble. He lost the match but won the Intercontinental title at the Elimination Chamber PPV. He lost the title in March but as The Demon King, regained the title at WrestleMania 35. He now wrestles in NXT and in September 2020 became the NXT Champion for the second time. He had to undergo surgery after breaking his jaw in a recent title defence against Kyle O'Reilly (and you say it's fixed?). His latest defence saw him beat British wrestler Pete Dunne.
- Drake Maverick - The British wrestler first made his name as Rockstar Spud and won TNA's British Bootcamp show. He left that company in 2018 and has now debuted in WWE. He's now called Drake Maverick and is the General Manager of 205 Live. September 2018 saw him become the manager of the Raw tag team The Authors of Pain who won the tag titles on the November 5 edition of Raw. He had a rather unfortunate moment at the Survivor Series, wetting himself while being attacked by the Big Show. His team won the Raw tag titles last month but lost them to Bobby Roode and Chad Gable on December 10 but ther opponents have recently regained those titles. Maverick won his first WWE title when beating R-Truth (while dressed as Carmella) for the WWE 24/7 title but lost it days later when pinned by R-Truth just after hed got married. He regained the title on the July 1 edition of Raw but has again won and lost it since then. He is yet to consummate his marriage! He was releassed from his contract due to the COVID-19 pandemic but continued to take part in the Interim NXT Cruiswerweight title tournament. Maverick lost in the final but has now been given an NXT contract.
- Nikki Cross - Cross has made her debut on the Raw brand earlier this year after spending time in NXT as part of SAnitY. Currently allgined with Alexa Bliss and on August 5 they won the Women's tag team titles. They lost the titles to the Kabuki Warriors and Cross is now wrestling on the Smackdown brand. She has reformed her partnership with Bliss and regained the tag titles at WrestleMania. The titles were lost on the June 5 edition of Smackdown with Bayley and Sasha Banks defeating them. Cross failed in a Smackdown title shot at Bayley at the Extreme Rules PPV. She was moved to Raw in the recent WWE Draft.
- Danny Burch - Previously wrestled in the UK as Martin Stone, winning several major titles including the RQW Championship. He signed with WWE in 2011 and has mainly worked in the NXT brand. He was released in 2014 but after a brief spell with TNA, returned to NXT in 2015. There has been appearances on 205 Live but he's yet to make it to the main roster. October 2020 saw him team up with Orney Lucan to win the NXT Tag team titles.
The General Manager of NXT is William Regal who has been in the company for the past 16 years.
Current WWE Champions
WWE Champion : The Miz (won from Drew McIntryre)
Raw Tag Team Champions: The Hurt Business (won from The New Day)
WWE US Champion : Riddle (won from Bobby Lashley)
Raw Women's Champion : Asuka (won from Sasha Banks)
Men's Royal Rumble Winner : Edge
King of the Ring: Baron Corbin (beat Chad Gable in the final)
Money in the Bank holder - The Miz (won from Otis at Hell in the Cell) - successfully cashed in at Elimination Chamber.
Universal Title: : Roman Reigns (won from the Fiend)
WWE Intercontinental Champion : Big E (won from Sami Zayn)
Smackdown Tag Team Champions : Dolph Ziggler and Robert Roode (won titles from The Street Profits)
Smackdown Women's Champion : Sasha Banks (won from Bayley)
Women's Tag Team Champions : Shayna Baszler and Nia Jax (won from Asuka and Charlotte Flair)
Women's Royal Rumble Winner : Bianca Belair
24/7 Title : Bad Bunny (won from Akira Tozawa)
UK Champion : Walter (won from Pete Dunne)
Women's Champion : Kay Lee Ray (won from Toni Storm)
Tag Champions : Gallus ( won from Mark Andrews and Flash Morgan Webster)
NXT Champion: Finn Balor - (beat Adam Cole in match for vacant title).
NXT Women's Champion: Io Shirai (won in triple threat match against champin and Rhea Ripley with the latter being pinned)
NXT Tag Team Champions: Oney Lorcan and Danny Burch (won from Breezango)
NXT North American Champion: Johnny Gargano (won from Leon Ruff)
Cruiserweight Title: Jordan Devlin (won from in fatal-fourway)
Cruiserweight Title : Interim Champion: El Hijo del Fantasma (beat Drake Maverick in tournament final) - defending title in USA due to Devlin unable to travel to USA at present.
The company has been running shows at the world famous Madison Square Gardens for decades but has not always been running shows all over the States as they do now. At one time professional wrestling in the USA was run by the National Wrestling Alliance (NWA) and comprised of a number of wrestling companies in each area of the states. These were known as territories and it was agreed that they wouldn't run shows in other companies areas.
When Vince McMahon Jr took over he changed all that and began running shows around the country. He took many of the top wrestlers from other companies driving them out of business. In the 1980s the company began holding PPV events such as WrestleMania, Summerslam and the Survivor Series, events that continue to this very day.
A whole host of celebrities have been part of WWE in the past. That even includes President Trump who at one time 'owned' Raw, staged WrestleMania at his hotel and was even part of a Hair v Hair match against Mr McMahon at WrestleMania.;
There have been rivals to McMahon's empire and at one time in the 1990s World Championship Wrestling (WCW) was getting more viewers as both had major shows on Monday evenings. WCW faded and were eventually purchased by WWE.