11 World Cup 2018 Fantasy Football Bargains
The World Cup provides football fans with another chance to put their manager’s cap on and try and earn some glory of their own this summer.
Notoriously difficult to do well, the World Cup fantasy football will be as tricky as ever this year. However, we have dug out 11 bargain picks that could well make the difference for you in beating your mates.
Gk - Pedro Gallese – Peru
The Peruvian number one has been a big part of his side’s success that has seen them reach their first World Cup since 1982.
Peru have not lost for 15 games and much of that is based on a solid defence. Gallese kept clean sheets in both legs against New Zealand in the Intercontinental Play-off to reach the World Cup. He also kept out the fearsome Argentinian attack in Buenos Aires during qualification.
With the blunt forward lines of Australia and Denmark in their group, Peru could do well and Gallese can pick up a couple of clean sheets in the process.
DF – Gary Cahill - England
Having looked very unlikely to make the England squad just a few months ago, things have turned around for Gary Cahill and he now looks likely to start for the Three Lions in Russia.
Assured performances in the two pre-tournament friendlies, including a goal against Nigeria have put Cahill ahead of his centre-back competition. Belgium will be tough for England, but clean sheets against Tunisia and Panama should be guaranteed points for the Chelsea man.
DF – Ahmed Hegazi – Egypt
Egypt can really spoil the party for the host nation and dump Russia out at the group stage this summer. They are a solid outfit that should see off Saudi Arabia and can very realistically beat Russia to take second place in Group A behind Uruguay.
Hegazi is a big part of the Egyptian defence, and as he showed for West Brom this season, can be a threat from set-pieces as well. The giant centre-back could easily pick up some useful points in the group stage at a very small price.
DF – Maya Yoshida – Japan
Not a great deal is expected of Japan at the World Cup this year, but if you are looking for a cheap defender who will actually play then Maya Yoshida might be your option.
The centre-back has 10 international goals to his name so is clearly a threat and against the likes of Senegal and Colombia, he could just spring a surprise and pick up a valuable clean sheet, or more.
A sensible choice as a substitute defender for the group stages.
MF - Christian Cueva – Peru
A goal threat from midfield for Peru, but more so an assist-provider who will be setting up the chances for the likes of Paolo Guerrero and Jefferson Farfan.
Cueva has eight international goals to his name and has been known to take penalties for his country in the past, which is always a handy bonus in fantasy football. He is coming into his prime at 26-years-old and is vastly experienced with 44 caps. Peru can expect to do well against the Aussies and Danes this tournament and Cueva could play a big part.
MF - Koo Ja-cheol – South Korea
This is not the strongest South Korean side ever, but they certainly have a chance to do well against Mexico and Sweden in Group F (Germany will probably be a step too far for them).
One of their major goal threats is midfielder Koo Ja-cheol who has 19 international goals to his name. The 29-year-old has a Bundesliga hat-trick to his name and will be crucial to South Korea if they are going to achieve anything going forward.
He is going to play every game and looks a great makeweight for more expensive options in the midfield.
MF – Christian Rodriguez – Uruguay
The veteran midfielder now has 105 international caps in his possession, scoring 11 times in that time and he is still a big part of the Uruguay side. The goal-scoring in that side will largely be handled by Luis Suarez and Edinson Cavani, but with contests against Russia, Saudi Arabia and Egypt, there should be plenty of goals to go round.
Rodriguez is still only 32-years-old and his experience will be vital and should see him play a big part in, what should be, three wins for Uruguay in Group A.
MF – Sergej Milinkovic Savic – Serbia
The Lazio star has been continually linked with a big move this summer, most notably to Manchester United, and this World Cup will be his chance to show just why.
He is only 23-years-old and has just four international caps, but there is always at least one bright young star that shines brightly on the biggest stage of them all and it could well be SMS this year.
He scored 15 goals for Lazio this season from midfield so will be a major piece of Serbia’s arsenal when they take on Costa Rica and Switzerland in Group E.
ST – Jose Paolo Guerrero – Peru
Peru’s captain and all-time leading goal scorer is back in the team after a doping ban and can lead his team to something special this summer. He announced his return after seven months out with two goals in a friendly against Saudi Arabia and he will seriously fancy his chances against Australia and Denmark in Group C.
This may be his first World Cup but he is widely experience at 34-years-old and will be hugely motivated to do well after the campaign to see his ban lifted was successful.
ST- Ayoub El Kaabi – Morocco
Rarely will you find a player who has made such an immediate impact on international football as Ayoub El Kaabi. The 24-year-old made his debut for Morocco in this year’s African Nations Championship and finished the tournament as the top scorer with nine goals – four more than anyone in history had managed.
El Kaabi continued this good form with goals in friendly wins over Uzbekistan and Slovakia to take his total to 11 international goals in just 10 games.
ST - Ahmed Musa – Nigeria
He might not have lit up the Premier League with Leicester City, but Ahmed Musa may have a better chance of performing well in the World Cup than in England. No one in Nigeria’s squad has scored more international goals than Musa (13) and he comes into the competition in good form, having scored six goals in just 10 league games for CSKA Moscow last season.
Musa made his name with the Moscow club so will be very comfortable performing in Russia. With Croatia, Iceland and a shaky Argentina in Nigeria’s group, there should be plenty of opportunities for him.
Up to £100 in Bet Credits for New Customers at bet365 Min deposit £5 and 1x settled bet requirement to release Bet Credits. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. 18+, Time limits and T&Cs apply.
New UK and IRE customers only. Min bet £/€10 or £/€10 e/w on 12:10 Cheltenham 14.12.18 . Free Bets paid within 1 hr of race settling to be used on remaining Cheltenham races 14.12.18. T&Cs apply 18+ BeGambleAware.org
18+ Eligible UK+IRE players. Min deposit £5. Paypal & some deposit types excl. Winning bets paid in cash at normal price. Enhanced odds paid in £5 free bets within 24 hours, valid for 4 days, stake not returned, restrictions apply. T&Cs apply
New customers only. £10 min dep using promo code "888ODDS" req. Qual bet must be placed at normal odds Min/max bet £5, m Extra winnings paid in FREE BETS within 72 hrs of qual bet settlement and expire 7 days after credit. T&Cs apply
18+. New UK+IRE customers. Paypal and certain dep types and bet types excl. Min £5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 = 4 x £5 free bets. Free bets valid for 7 days on sports, stake not returned, restrictions apply. T&Cs apply.
- 9 Potential Winners of the World Cup 2018 Golden Glove Award
- Top 10 World Cup Humiliations
- Top 10 Mourinho Master Classes
- Top Eight Premier League Title Races
- Top 10 Uncapped Players that could make the England World Cup squad
- Top 10 England Goalkeepers
- Top 10 Transfer Deadline Day Flops
- Top 10 Football Rivalries
- Top 10 Retired Cricketers Who Would Have Been T20 Kings
- Top 10 footballers to play in North America
- 7 Unique things we LOVE about the Ryder Cup
- Top 10 Team GB Winter Olympic Gold Medal Winners
- Top 8 Valentines Day Sports Stars
- Top 10 Cracking Cricketers with Dodgy Debuts
- Top 10 Sporting Nicknames
- Top 10 Chinese Sports Stars
- Top 10 Sporting Whitewashes
- Top 10 Desperate Aussie Pre-Ashes Mind Games
- Top 10 Boxers Avenging Defeats
- Top 10 Multi-Sport Sportsmen
- Top 10 Sporting Veterans
- Top 10 Royal Sporting Names
- Top 10 Sporting Debuts
- Top 10 Sporting Upsets
- Top 10 Thrashings in Sporting Finals
- Top 10 UK Open Shock Results
- Top 10 Fights in London
- Top Six Play-Off Heartaches
- Top 10 Moments that ended a sporting era
- Top 10 sportsmen who should retire
- Top 10 Footballers Luis Suarez can feast on next
- Top Eight Grand National Long Shots
- Top Five Six Nations Climaxes
- Top Five British Europa League Heartbreaks
- Top 10 England Opening Batsmen
- Top Five Champions League Comebacks
- Top 10 England stars of the future
- 13 Greatest World Cup Players Of All Time
- Top Eight All-Rounders in world cricket
- Top Five Premier League Summer Signings
- Top Eight Premier League Veterans
- Top 10 Football Player Comebacks
- Top 10 England one-cap wonders
- Top Five Welsh Snooker Players
- Top 10 World Number Ones
- Top 10 Foreign England Cricketers
- Top 10 Worst Managerial Appointments
- Top 10 Goal Celebrations
- Top Seven Euro 2016 Kits
- Top Nine Football Stadiums in Europe
- Top Five European Championship Goals
- Top Five Iconic UK Sporting Venues
- Top Five Most Controversial Boxers of All Time
- 6 Typical Cheltenham Festival Goers
- Top 10 British Boxing Grudge Matches
- 10 of the Best Managerial Sackings
- Top 10 Unlikely Masters Champions
- Top 10 Greatest Manchester Derbies
- Top 10 Relegation Escapes
- Top England ODI XI of All-Time
- Top 10 Greatest FA Cup Finals of All-Time
- 4 World Cup 2018 group stage shock exits to look out for
- Top 10 Clay Court Tennis Players of the Open Era
- Top 10 Champions League Finals
- The 9 Greatest England v Scotland Matches
- 11 Greatest victories for English teams in the Champions League
- Top 10 Players Missing the World Cup
- The 8 Greatest Lions Victories
- The 14 Worst Transfers in Premier League History
- Top 10 Premier League Bargains
- Top 7 Premier League One Season Wonders
- 11 Best Premier League Opening Day Matches
- 7 Best Premier League Debut Campaigns
- Top 10 Upsets in Boxing and UFC history
- Top 7 Football Shirts of All-Time
- 10 Greatest American Tennis Players of the Open Era
- The 11 Greatest World Cup Matches Ever
- Top 10 Greatest T20 players in history
- Top 10 Darts Players of all Time
- 14 Greatest Champions League Players Ever
- 9 Greatest Liverpool vs Manchester United games of the Premier League era
- The 10 Greatest World Cup Goals Ever
- 10 uncapped players that could make the England World Cup squad
- The 12 Greatest South Americans in Premier League history
- Top 10 Players who could win the 2018 World Cup Golden Boot
- Top Five FA Cup Final Upsets
- 10 English wins over Spanish teams in the Champions League
- The 15 Greatest British Heavyweight Boxers in History
- 10 worst England players ever to make a World Cup squad
- Top Seven Australian Open Outsiders
- Top 10 Individual Ashes Performances
- 10 Worst January transfer window signings in Premier League history
- 9 Best January transfer window signings in Premier League history
- 14 UFC fights we want to see in 2018
- Top 10 British boxers that could become world champions in 2018
- Top 10 Boxing Rematches Ending in the Same Result
- Top Five Formula One Drivers Of All Time
- Top 10 Craziest Premier League Players
- Top 10 Gaps not filled in the Transfer Window
- Top 10 Cricket All-Rounders
- Top 10 Worst Current World Champions
- Top 10 Players to watch at the ICC Champions Trophy
- Top 10 Potential Future World Snooker Champions
- Top 10 Opponents Tyson Fury Can Face
- Top Five Heavyweight Contenders
- Top 11 Undefeated Streaks in Boxing History
- The 5 worst England performances at World Cups ever
- Top 5 Current Pound for Pound Boxers
- The 5 Best England performances at World Cups
- 11 World Cup 2018 Fantasy Football Bargains
- The 10 Biggest Shock Group Stage Exits in World Cup History
- The 10 Biggest Premier League Opening Day Upsets Ever
- The 10 best transfer deadline day signings in Premier League history
- 2018 World Cup: Top 10 Young Players to Watch
If you fancy a break from the serious side of betting, take a look at our Topical Feature List for a bit of a giggle.Click Here To View The List »
View our latest sports articles in our betting blogRead Our Blog »