Top 10 opponents Tyson Fury can face
If Tyson Fury becomes so frustrated with David Haye’s injured face that he fancies taking on another heavyweight contender there are plenty to choose from. Here are 10 that could well fancy a chance at the Manc giant in the coming weeks and months.
1. Dereck Chisora
Fury handed Del Boy his first loss back in 2011 when he dominated his compatriot to earn a unanimous decision victory and both the British and Commonwealth Heavyweight titles. Chisora’s career is back on track though with impressive recent knockout wins over Malik Scott and Edmund Gerber for the European title. A rematch between the two would be something Fury will know he doesn’t need to do but could prove a popular call amongst fans.
2. David Price
Not too long ago this was being touted as the next big British showdown in the heavyweight division and Price was expected to wipe the floor with Fury until the Scouser suffered consecutive losses to Tony Thompson. Again there is no pressure on Fury to take this fight but as a replacement all-British bout it would stir up the interest of the public.
3. Deontay Wilder
If Fury fancies a challenge and wants to prove David Haye wrong without having to fight him then he could take on Haye’s sparring partner Wilder. The American has fought 29 times, winning them all and knocking out every single vanquished foe. Haye said that any of his sparring partners would make Fury look silly and there are plenty who think Wilder would do just that.
4. Alexander Dimitrenko
Another of Haye’s sparring partners but potentially an easier night for Fury if he wanted to prove a point as the 31-year-old is not quite the dangerman that Wilder is. He has two losses to his name against Eddie Chambers and Kubrat Pulev and has been floored in his last two fights although he came back to win them both.
5. Kubrat Pulev
Talking of Pulev he is the man that Fury had the opportunity to face but turned down in order to fight Haye. The Bulgarian knocked out Dimitrenko last year and beat Tony Thompson in August and takes his record to 18 wins from 18 bouts. That win over Thompson has earned him a shot at Wladimir Klitschko so Fury’s boat may well have sailed unless he employs some impressive powers of persuasion.
6. Manuel Charr
Charr has just one loss to his name, that being to a Klitschko as he lost to Vitali in 2012 and was scheduled to take on Haye earlier this year till the Englishman pulled out with injury. A running theme? The 28-year-old would be a proper test for Fury is he wanted to take him on although Charr has not had to fight on British soil before.
7. Denis Boytsov
The Russian has a perfect record in his 33 fights knocking out 26 of his opponents but you would be forgiven for not having heard of him as he hasn’t had much hype at all even with that excellent history. To be fair he has not really beaten a big name and at just 6ft 1” he is a very small heavyweight indeed. It would be an interesting bout though and one both men would probably be up for.
8. Robert Helenius
The Nordic Nightmare is another undefeated pro with wins over three Brits in Scott Gammer, Dereck Chisora and Michael Sprott and would be a sensible opponent for Fury. The Finn is not highly rated despite his 19 wins from 19 fights and genuine excuses of injuries in recent fights. It would look very good for the Englishman to have the unbeaten former European champion on his record and it is a match that if Fury has genuine world title ambitions, he should win.
9. Magomed Abdusalamov
Another man with a perfect record from 18 fights and another who has knocked out every single opponent he has faced. 10 of his first 11 fights did not go beyond the first round and he has never gone past the fifth round in his five year pro career. The Russian is ranked ahead of Fury in fourth by the WBC and a win for the Englishman over him would probably be the most impressive of his career.
10. Odlanier Solis
The Cuban is ranked in the top 10 by both the WBC and IBF and has lost just once in 22 fights, that being to Vitali Klitschko. There is no shame in that although it was a fairly embarrassing loss as Solis suffered a knock out in round one thanks to a knee injury. He has recovered with three consecutive wins and claimed the IBF Inter-Continental heavyweight title so would be a good scalp for Fury.
Betfair have enhanced odds for the World Cup group match between England and Panama - england to win at 25/1.
New customers with Coral can back Harry Kane to score against Panama at 50/1 and the maximum bet is £1.
Up to £100 in Bet Credits for New Customers at bet365 Min deposit £5 and 1x settled bet requirement to release Bet Credits. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. 18+, Time limits and T&Cs apply.
Betfair have enhanced odds for the World Cup group match between Belgium and Tunisia - Belgium to win at 25/1.
Customers new to Coral can back Crystal Ocean at 33/1 to win the Hardwicke Stakes and the maximum bet is £1.
Betfair have enhanced odds for the World Cup group match between Germany and Sweden - Germany to win at 30/1.
- Top 10 World Cup Humiliations
- 9 Potential Winners of the World Cup 2018 Golden Glove Award
- Top 10 Mourinho Master Classes
- Top Eight Premier League Title Races
- Top 10 Uncapped Players that could make the England World Cup squad
- Top 10 England Goalkeepers
- Top 10 Transfer Deadline Day Flops
- Top 10 Football Rivalries
- Top 10 Retired Cricketers Who Would Have Been T20 Kings
- Top 10 footballers to play in North America
- 7 Unique things we LOVE about the Ryder Cup
- Top 10 Team GB Winter Olympic Gold Medal Winners
- Top 8 Valentines Day Sports Stars
- Top 10 Cracking Cricketers with Dodgy Debuts
- Top 10 Sporting Nicknames
- Top 10 Chinese Sports Stars
- Top 10 Sporting Whitewashes
- Top 10 Desperate Aussie Pre-Ashes Mind Games
- Top 10 Boxers Avenging Defeats
- Top 10 Multi-Sport Sportsmen
- Top 10 Sporting Veterans
- Top 10 Royal Sporting Names
- Top 10 Sporting Debuts
- Top 10 Sporting Upsets
- Top 10 Thrashings in Sporting Finals
- Top 10 UK Open Shock Results
- Top 10 Fights in London
- Top Six Play-Off Heartaches
- Top 10 Moments that ended a sporting era
- Top 10 sportsmen who should retire
- Top 10 Footballers Luis Suarez can feast on next
- Top Eight Grand National Long Shots
- Top Five Six Nations Climaxes
- Top Five British Europa League Heartbreaks
- Top 10 England Opening Batsmen
- Top Five Champions League Comebacks
- Top 10 England stars of the future
- 13 Greatest World Cup Players Of All Time
- Top Eight All-Rounders in world cricket
- Top Five Premier League Summer Signings
- Top Eight Premier League Veterans
- Top 10 Football Player Comebacks
- Top 10 England one-cap wonders
- Top Five Welsh Snooker Players
- Top 10 World Number Ones
- Top 10 Foreign England Cricketers
- Top 10 Worst Managerial Appointments
- Top 10 Goal Celebrations
- Top Seven Euro 2016 Kits
- Top Nine Football Stadiums in Europe
- Top Five European Championship Goals
- Top Five Iconic UK Sporting Venues
- Top Five Most Controversial Boxers of All Time
- 6 Typical Cheltenham Festival Goers
- Top 10 British Boxing Grudge Matches
- 10 of the Best Managerial Sackings
- Top 10 Unlikely Masters Champions
- Top 10 Greatest Manchester Derbies
- Top 10 Relegation Escapes
- Top England ODI XI of All-Time
- Top 10 Greatest FA Cup Finals of All-Time
- 4 World Cup 2018 group stage shock exits to look out for
- Top 10 Clay Court Tennis Players of the Open Era
- Top 10 Champions League Finals
- The 9 Greatest England v Scotland Matches
- 11 Greatest victories for English teams in the Champions League
- Top 10 Players Missing the World Cup
- The 8 Greatest Lions Victories
- The 14 Worst Transfers in Premier League History
- Top 10 Premier League Bargains
- Top 7 Premier League One Season Wonders
- 11 Best Premier League Opening Day Matches
- 7 Best Premier League Debut Campaigns
- Top 10 Upsets in Boxing and UFC history
- Top 7 Football Shirts of All-Time
- 10 Greatest American Tennis Players of the Open Era
- The 11 Greatest World Cup Matches Ever
- Top 10 Greatest T20 players in history
- Top 10 Darts Players of all Time
- 14 Greatest Champions League Players Ever
- 9 Greatest Liverpool vs Manchester United games of the Premier League era
- The 10 Greatest World Cup Goals Ever
- 10 uncapped players that could make the England World Cup squad
- The 12 Greatest South Americans in Premier League history
- Top 10 Players who could win the 2018 World Cup Golden Boot
- Top Five FA Cup Final Upsets
- 10 English wins over Spanish teams in the Champions League
- The 15 Greatest British Heavyweight Boxers in History
- 10 worst England players ever to make a World Cup squad
- Top Seven Australian Open Outsiders
- Top 10 Individual Ashes Performances
- 10 Worst January transfer window signings in Premier League history
- 9 Best January transfer window signings in Premier League history
- 14 UFC fights we want to see in 2018
- Top 10 British boxers that could become world champions in 2018
- Top 10 Boxing Rematches Ending in the Same Result
- Top Five Formula One Drivers Of All Time
- Top 10 Craziest Premier League Players
- Top 10 Gaps not filled in the Transfer Window
- Top 10 Cricket All-Rounders
- Top 10 Worst Current World Champions
- Top 10 Players to watch at the ICC Champions Trophy
- Top 10 Potential Future World Snooker Champions
- Top 10 Opponents Tyson Fury Can Face
- Top Five Heavyweight Contenders
- Top 11 Undefeated Streaks in Boxing History
- The 5 worst England performances at World Cups ever
- Top 5 Current Pound for Pound Boxers
- The 5 Best England performances at World Cups
- 11 World Cup 2018 Fantasy Football Bargains
- The 10 Biggest Shock Group Stage Exits in World Cup History
If you fancy a break from the serious side of betting, take a look at our Topical Feature List for a bit of a giggle.Click Here To View The List »
View our latest sports articles in our betting blogRead Our Blog »