Top 10 Players to watch at the ICC Champions Trophy
The ICC Champions Trophy is coming up in June in England and Wales and near enough all the best players in the world will be on show at Edgbaston, Cardiff and the Oval. There will be plenty of exciting cricket played over the three grounds and FREEbets.org.uk have picked out 10 players that are likely to light up the competition more than any others.
10. Sunil Narine
One of the most exciting bowlers to come out of the West Indies for years and he’s a spinner!!! Narine breaks the mould in a number of ways and batsmen all over the world have found him incredibly difficult to pick. English conditions may not quite suit him but with 27 wickets in his 28 ODIs at 21.68 so far suggests he will perform in most scenarios.
9. Virat Kohli
He may be only 24 but he has already played nearly 100 ODIs and averages just a shade under 50 with the bat over them which is as good a record as you could ask for. He is destined to be the next great Indian batsman and if he can lead his team to victory in England it will speed up that process.
8. Brendon McCullum
The New Zealand captain may not have had an enjoyable recent test series against England as he was repeatedly ousted by Stuart Broad but in shorter forms of the game he is as devastating as they come. With a three-match ODI series against England to further accustom himself to local conditions he should be a real force in the Champions Trophy.
7. Saeed Ajmal
Last time England came up against Saeed Ajmal he made almost the entire side look pretty silly as he skittled them over in the UAE. Conditions will not suit him in the UK as they did in the Middle East but as one of the very best spinners on the planet he is sure to play a key role for Pakistan who are remarkably consistent in knockout competitions.
6. David Miller
Not necessarily the biggest name in the South African squad but Miller has some serious pedigree in the shorter forms of the game. He was a star of Yorkshire’s successful T20 campaign last season so knows English conditions and he has gone on to do well in the IPL. Given a few overs Miller can destroy an attack.
5. Michael Clarke
He is unlikely to blast bowlers out of the park but the Australian captain is one of the most proficient run scorers in the game and if a spinner is struggling to find turn then the lightning fast Clarke will punish them for anything not on the money. There is plenty of pressure on him to perform with a below-par batting line-up through the rest of the team but he absolutely loves it.
4. Hashim Amla
Again, like Clarke he won’t be hitting endless sixes but there is a reason that Amla is the favourite to be the top run scorer in the competition, he is a batting machine. He proved this when he played in England last year, proving almost impossible to remove and he certainly has the capability to step on the gas when needed. If he finds form then South Africa may be tough to stop. He is 10/1 to score more runs than any other and there will be a few cashing in a free bet on him at that price.
3. Joe Root
The new golden boy of English cricket now has his chance to show what he can do away from the shackles of test cricket. He has proved he can score big runs over five days but now he can display his vast range of shots and maybe some of his more than adequate off-spin bowling. He’s got everything and could be a global star by the end of the summer.
2. Lasith Malinga
The man that every captain wants in his bowling attack in limited overs cricket will lead Sri Lanka’s attack in England this summer. Now only playing the shorter forms of the game he has mastered the art of bowling at the death and is undoubtedly the best in the world at bowling toe crunching Yorkers. He is favourite to be leading wicket taker at 10/1 with Stan James and looks a good option for a free bet at that price.
1. Chris Gayle
Almost certainly the best one-day batsman on the planet at the moment, Gayle Force will sell tickets by himself thanks to his outrageous displays of power hitting. His 175* in the IPL was one of the most stunning achievements in recent years and if he can reproduce anything like that then we are in for a treat. West Indies have proved they can get their hands on silverware at the World T20 and Gayle could well lead them to more success.
Betfair have enhanced odds for the World Cup group match between England and Panama - england to win at 25/1.
New customers with Coral can back Harry Kane to score against Panama at 50/1 and the maximum bet is £1.
Up to £100 in Bet Credits for New Customers at bet365 Min deposit £5 and 1x settled bet requirement to release Bet Credits. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. 18+, Time limits and T&Cs apply.
Boylesports have a promotion for new customers.
BetVictor have an offer for insurance against losing accumulator bets.
Boylesports provide insurance against losing sports multiple bets.
- Top 10 World Cup Humiliations
- 9 Potential Winners of the World Cup 2018 Golden Glove Award
- Top 10 Mourinho Master Classes
- Top Eight Premier League Title Races
- Top 10 Uncapped Players that could make the England World Cup squad
- Top 10 England Goalkeepers
- Top 10 Transfer Deadline Day Flops
- Top 10 Football Rivalries
- Top 10 Retired Cricketers Who Would Have Been T20 Kings
- Top 10 footballers to play in North America
- 7 Unique things we LOVE about the Ryder Cup
- Top 10 Team GB Winter Olympic Gold Medal Winners
- Top 8 Valentines Day Sports Stars
- Top 10 Cracking Cricketers with Dodgy Debuts
- Top 10 Sporting Nicknames
- Top 10 Chinese Sports Stars
- Top 10 Sporting Whitewashes
- Top 10 Desperate Aussie Pre-Ashes Mind Games
- Top 10 Boxers Avenging Defeats
- Top 10 Multi-Sport Sportsmen
- Top 10 Sporting Veterans
- Top 10 Royal Sporting Names
- Top 10 Sporting Debuts
- Top 10 Sporting Upsets
- Top 10 Thrashings in Sporting Finals
- Top 10 UK Open Shock Results
- Top 10 Fights in London
- Top Six Play-Off Heartaches
- Top 10 Moments that ended a sporting era
- Top 10 sportsmen who should retire
- Top 10 Footballers Luis Suarez can feast on next
- Top Eight Grand National Long Shots
- Top Five Six Nations Climaxes
- Top Five British Europa League Heartbreaks
- Top 10 England Opening Batsmen
- Top Five Champions League Comebacks
- Top 10 England stars of the future
- 13 Greatest World Cup Players Of All Time
- Top Eight All-Rounders in world cricket
- Top Five Premier League Summer Signings
- Top Eight Premier League Veterans
- Top 10 Football Player Comebacks
- Top 10 England one-cap wonders
- Top Five Welsh Snooker Players
- Top 10 World Number Ones
- Top 10 Foreign England Cricketers
- Top 10 Worst Managerial Appointments
- Top 10 Goal Celebrations
- Top Seven Euro 2016 Kits
- Top Nine Football Stadiums in Europe
- Top Five European Championship Goals
- Top Five Iconic UK Sporting Venues
- Top Five Most Controversial Boxers of All Time
- 6 Typical Cheltenham Festival Goers
- Top 10 British Boxing Grudge Matches
- 10 of the Best Managerial Sackings
- Top 10 Unlikely Masters Champions
- Top 10 Greatest Manchester Derbies
- Top 10 Relegation Escapes
- Top England ODI XI of All-Time
- Top 10 Greatest FA Cup Finals of All-Time
- 4 World Cup 2018 group stage shock exits to look out for
- Top 10 Clay Court Tennis Players of the Open Era
- Top 10 Champions League Finals
- The 9 Greatest England v Scotland Matches
- 11 Greatest victories for English teams in the Champions League
- Top 10 Players Missing the World Cup
- The 8 Greatest Lions Victories
- The 14 Worst Transfers in Premier League History
- Top 10 Premier League Bargains
- Top 7 Premier League One Season Wonders
- 11 Best Premier League Opening Day Matches
- 7 Best Premier League Debut Campaigns
- Top 10 Upsets in Boxing and UFC history
- Top 7 Football Shirts of All-Time
- 10 Greatest American Tennis Players of the Open Era
- The 11 Greatest World Cup Matches Ever
- Top 10 Greatest T20 players in history
- Top 10 Darts Players of all Time
- 14 Greatest Champions League Players Ever
- 9 Greatest Liverpool vs Manchester United games of the Premier League era
- The 10 Greatest World Cup Goals Ever
- 10 uncapped players that could make the England World Cup squad
- The 12 Greatest South Americans in Premier League history
- Top 10 Players who could win the 2018 World Cup Golden Boot
- Top Five FA Cup Final Upsets
- 10 English wins over Spanish teams in the Champions League
- The 15 Greatest British Heavyweight Boxers in History
- 10 worst England players ever to make a World Cup squad
- Top Seven Australian Open Outsiders
- Top 10 Individual Ashes Performances
- 10 Worst January transfer window signings in Premier League history
- 9 Best January transfer window signings in Premier League history
- 14 UFC fights we want to see in 2018
- Top 10 British boxers that could become world champions in 2018
- Top 10 Boxing Rematches Ending in the Same Result
- Top Five Formula One Drivers Of All Time
- Top 10 Craziest Premier League Players
- Top 10 Gaps not filled in the Transfer Window
- Top 10 Cricket All-Rounders
- Top 10 Worst Current World Champions
- Top 10 Players to watch at the ICC Champions Trophy
- Top 10 Potential Future World Snooker Champions
- Top 10 Opponents Tyson Fury Can Face
- Top Five Heavyweight Contenders
- Top 11 Undefeated Streaks in Boxing History
- The 5 worst England performances at World Cups ever
- Top 5 Current Pound for Pound Boxers
- The 5 Best England performances at World Cups
- 11 World Cup 2018 Fantasy Football Bargains
- The 10 Biggest Shock Group Stage Exits in World Cup History
If you fancy a break from the serious side of betting, take a look at our Topical Feature List for a bit of a giggle.Click Here To View The List »
View our latest sports articles in our betting blogRead Our Blog »