2019 Women's Football World Cup
The first ever Women's World Cup took place in 1991 and was held in China. 12 teams took part in that first tournament with the USA coming out the winners beating Norway 2-1 in the Final. Since then the Women's World Cup tournament has been held every four years and this year 24 teams will be taking part in France between June 7 and July 7 as the USA defend the title that they won in Canada four years ago.
England are currently 6/1 at Ladbrokes to win the Women's World Cup for the first time. In 2015 they finished third after losing to Japan in the semi-final but winning the third/fourth place play-off against Germany. They have since reached he semi-finals of the European Championships in 2017 and this year won the She Believes Cup for the first-time.
2019 Group Stages
There are six groups with the top two in each group and the four best third placed sides qualifying for the last sixteen.
- Group A: France, South Korea, Norway and Nigeria
- Group B: Germany, China, Spain and South Africa
- Group C: Australia, Italy, Brazil and Jamaica
- Group D: England, Scotland, Argentina and Japan
- Group E: Canada, Cameroon, New Zealand and Netherlands
- Group F: USA, Thailand, Chile and Sweden.
Last Sixteen Draw
Match 37: Runner-Up Group A v Runner-Up Group C
Match 38: Winner Group B v Best Third Place in Groups A/C or D
Match 39: Winner Group D v Best Third Place in Groups B/E or F
Match 40: Winner Group A v Best Third Place Groups C/D or E
Match 41: Runner-Up Group B v Runner-Up Group F
Match 42: Runner-up Group F v Runner-up Group E
Match 43: Winner Group C v Best Third Place A/B or F
Match 44: Winner Group E v Runner-Up Group D
Match 45: Winner Match 37 v Winner Match 39
Match 46: Winner Match 40 v Winner Match 41
Match 47: Winner Match 43 v Winner Match 44
Match 48: Winner Match 38 v Winner Match 42
Winner Match 45 v Winner Match 46
Winner Match 47 v Winner Match 48
The World Cup Final takes place on July 7 in Lyon
- 1991 USA beat Norway 2-1 in the Final (tournament held in China)
- 1995 Norway beat Germany 2-0 in the Final (tournament held in Sweden)
- 1999 USA won the trophy for the second time winning a penalty shoot-out against China (tournament held in USA)
- 2003 Germany won for the first time defeating Sweden 2-1 in the final (again tournament held in the USA)
- 2007 Germany beat Brazil 2-0 in the final (tournament held in China)
- 2011 Japan beat USA in a penalty shoot out (tournament held in Germany)
- 2015 USA beat Japan 5-2 in the final (tournament held in Canada).
Most Successful Countries
- USA - Three time winners, once runners-up and three third place finishes.
- Germany - won the World Cup on two occasions and runners-up once. They are the only country to retain the trophy
- Norway - Won once, runners-up once and fourth on two occasions
- Japan - One title and runners-up in 2015.
- Sweden - runners up in 2003 and two third place finishes
- Brazil - runners up in 2007 and one third place finish
- China - runners up in 1999 and one fourth place finish
Top Goal Scorers in World Cup Final Stages
- 15 - Marta (Brazil) including seven in the 2007 tournament
- 14 - Birgit Prinz (Germany) - scored seven in the 2003 tournament and goals in four tournaments
- 13- Abby Wambach (USA) - scored six goals in 2007
- 12- Michelle Akers (USA) - scored a record ten goals in 1991
- 11- Su Wen (China) - seven goals in 1999
- 11- Bettina Weigmann (Germany) - scored in four World Cup tournaments
- 10- Ann Kristin Aarones (Norway) - six in 1995
- 10- Heidi Mohr (Germany) - seven goals in 1991
18+. Acca Insurance: Min selection odds 1/10. Acca odds 3/1. Pre-match straight line accas only. 1 free bet up to £/€10 per customer/day, credited within 24 hrs, valid for 7 days, Min 1 boost per day. Full T&Cs apply
New and existing UK & IR customers only. Must stake £/€10. Bonus Code: MCCAINTOUR. Offer running till 22/05/2019. Stable tour visit takes place on 04/06/2019. 18+ T&Cs apply
New Customers only - £10 min dep using promo code "RACING" - First bet must be placed on any market - Min stake £10 at odds of 1/2 (1.5) - Free bets credited upon qual bet settlement Full T&Cs apply.
New customers only – Min dep of £10 using deposit code 10FREE - qualifying bet is real money stake of at least £10 placed on any sports market. Min odds 1/2 (1.5) - Free bets expire after 7 days, full T&Cs apply.
New customers only. Place FIRST bet on any Sportsbook market and if it loses we will refund your stake in CASH. Max refund is €/£20. Only deps made using Cards or Paypal qualify.T&Cs apply. 18+|Gamble Aware.
- Premier League
- The Championship
- League One
- League Two
- FA Cup
- Europa League
- Champions League
- La Liga
- Serie A
- Scottish Football
- 2022 Fifa World Cup
- Copa America
- Euro 2020
- Confederations Cup
- UEFA Under-21 Football Championship
- Chinese Super League
- Scandinavian Football
- Women's Football World Cup 2019
- UEFA Nations League
- Premier League Darts Finals: Can anyone stop Michael van Gerwen?
- Championship play-off final: Aston Villa have too much for Derby
- Man City vs Watford FA Cup final: This will be a close one
- 2019 Tennis Season Betting Preview: More Grand Slams for the big names
- UFC Ottawa: Al Iaquinta vs Donald Cerrone should be a classic
- World Championship Snooker Semi-Finals Preview
- April Sports Betting Preview
If you fancy a break from the serious side of betting, take a look at our Topical Feature List for a bit of a giggle.Click Here To View The List »
View our latest sports articles in our betting blogRead Our Blog »