Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham United Preview : Both Need a Win
- The London Stadium
- Tuesday 23 June: 8.15pm KO
- Live on Sky Sports
Tottenham have been a club that have made big strides in recent seasons. They are in danger of taking a big step backwards though if not qualifying for the Champions League next season. The same could be said of West Ham too and both clubs need points from this Premier League clash.
Three Points Please
Tottenham haven't won any of their last seven league and cup games. They have been knocked out of both the FA Cup and Champions League and now face the prospect of not being in the Champions League next season. Even worse, with a current position of eighth they might not even get to be in the Europa League. They drew 1-1 at home with Manchester United last Friday and desperately need to beat West Ham.
One major concern for Tottenham is Harry Kane. He returned from injury against United but didn't look to be 100%, hopefully the more games he plays in, the better his form and fitness will become. Home form is another worry for Tottenham with only one point earned from the last two league games. Before that they'd won three out of four in the Premier League, the other being a defeat by Liverpool. Add in home losses to Norwich City in the FA Cup and RB Leipzig in the Champions League and it's a worrying time for Tottenham. Three points against the Hammers is vital in their bid to secure European football next season.
Hammers in Deep Trouble
When the Hammers spent big in the 2019 summer transfer window, they did not plan on fighting a relegation battle. Their season began well but that optimistic hope of a return to European football was short lived. A form guide for the last 20 league games has them in the relegation zone but for the past ten they are bottom. Only five points out of a possible 30 shows what a mess the Hammers are in.
The weekend saw more misery for them with a 2-0 home loss to Wolverhampton Wanderers. They remain outside the dreaded bottom three but only on goal difference. They still have to play three of the bottom five, including Watford and Aston Villa in their last two at home. Survival is possible but they may have to rely on their home form. On the road, West Ham have lost six in a row and nine of the last 11. Getting a victory at Tottenham would be a very welcome win indeed.
The FreeBets Prediction
It's going to be a tough game at Tottenham, even if the home side aren't firing on all cylinders. Spurs did at least get a point against Manchester United and that should give them a bit of confidence. West Ham lack in that quality a the present and the tip here is for a Tottenham win with over 1.5 goals scored in the match.
- Tottenham haven't won a Premier League game since February 16 when beating Aston Villa away.
- Spurs have gone four league games without a victory earning just two points.
- In all competitions, Tottenham have gone seven matches without a win.
- Eight out of 14 Tottenham home league games have been won this season but none of the last two.
- 19 out of 30 Tottenham league games have had over 2.5 goals scored in them.
- Both teams have scored in four of their last six home league matches.
- West Ham have lost their last six away league games and nine of the last 11.
- Six of the last eight West Ham league matches have been lost.
- West Ham have five points from their last ten league fixtures.
- Five of the last eight West Ham away league games have had under 2.5 goals scored in them.
- Only once in their last 11 away league matches have West Ham scored more than once, though that was at Anfield.