Last Updated : June 23, 2020
Sporting Index New Account Sign-Up Offers
Sporting Index are currently offering new customers a free £25 to trade with when they open a new spread betting account and here's how to claim:
- Just sign-up through FREEbets.org.uk to Sporting Index and you'll receive £25 (non-withdrawable) straight away into your account.
- You get to keep what you win and Sporting Index will cover your losses up to £25 - no catches, no rigmarole, just sign-up and you'll have up to 7 days to bet with £25 from Sporting Index.
- Just be aware however that your losses could exceed your deposit and you would be liable for the amount in such circumstances.
Significant Terms as follows:-
- New customers only. aged 18+
- Open a new account with Sporting index to receive £50 in non-withdrawable betting funds.
- Market restrictions and a 7 day time limit applies the purpose of this promotion.
- Any losses over £25 will be your liability.
- Full terms & conditions apply.
IMPORTANT : Sports spread betting can result in losses that exceed your initial deposit or credit limit.
Bet £20 Get £10 Fixed Odds Offer
There is also a special welcome offer for thoe who wish to place a fixed odds bet. This sees new customers receiving a £25 free bet after placing five £5 qualifying bets.
- New customers only, aged 18+
- Open a new account with SportingIndex, you can use the links on this page .
- Within 30 days of registering, place four fixed odds bets of £5 each on selections that have minimum odds of 1.9 (9/10). With multiple bets, the culmative odds have to be 1.9 (9/10)
- £10 Free bet will be received once your fifth and final qualifying bet has been settled and is valid for seven days.
- Full terms & Conditions apply.
What is Spread Betting?
Sports spread betting roots comes from the City's financial buying and selling markets. The concept was applied to sports betting as an alternative to the fixed odds markets.
The main difference between sports spread betting and the fixed odds variety is that your return/losses are more fluid than the pre-determined outcome of a fixed odds bet.
For example in sports spread betting every market has a two-way price and you buy or sell against the spread.
So, say your betting on a football match and the bookmaker says the spread for goals in a match is 2.5 - 3. You then decide to bet higher (BUY) or lower (SELL) than the spread (2.5 - 3).
If you decide to bet £10 that their will be less goals in the game than what the spread is offering (2.5 - 3) then you Sell at £10 against the spread, if the game finishes 0-0, 1-0 or 1-1 then you'll win, if there are more than 3 goals in the game then that's when losses start to happen.
Please note that losses may exceed deposits!
Sporting Index offers a very in-depth explanation on Spread Betting plus they also have a "Jargon Buster" page to help you understand the market talk.
You can also request access to a demo account to help you find your feet quicker on the Sporting Index sports spread betting markets - of which there are hundreds.
Sporting Index Customer Support
As you'd imagine with a global player in the sports spread betting markets such as Sporting Index, they have various ways to contact their customer services department. There is two freephone numbers for domestic (08000 96 96 07) and overseas (+44 20 7840 4050).
If you are wanting access online then use their Chat facility on their site or you can send them an email enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org or by social media by contacting their Twitter page by tweeting to @sportingindex.
About Our Star Rating:
Both of the welcome offers at Sporting Index are good ones to receive. The odds restriction isn't high at all and the £25 in spread bets is very attractive indeed.