I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here Betting Offers
TV shows have certainly changed over the years and that's certainly the case with 'I'm a Celebrity....Get Me Out of Here.' Z-List celebrities are dumped in a jungle, though of course their lives are never in any real danger, and spend a few weeks together rowing and taking part in gruesome Bushtucker trials to win food. This continues until a King or Queen of the Jungle is crowned via public vote and may never be short of a panto appearance ever again.
I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here 2017
At the recent Edinburgh Television festival, ITV studio head Kevin Lygo was asked if the show would be returning this year. This question came about as a result of regular presenter Ant spending time in rehab ths year. Lygo said there was no question of the show being rested and that Ant was making good progress. So it looks as we'll definitely all be watching the action down under later this year with the series starting in November.
Who's in I'm a Celebrity 2017?
The line-up of this year's initial campmates has been released and you can find below those who are entering the jungle.
- Amir Khan - A former light-welterweight World champion boxer, Khan hasn't stepped in to the ring since being knocked out by Canelo Alvarez in May 2016. He'll face a whole different test in the I'm a Celeb camp!
- Dennis Wise - Wise is a former footballer, most well known for his spell at Chelsea where he played over 400 games for the club and captained the Blues to two FA Cup victories.
- Georgia Toffolo - More commonly known as 'Toff', the 22-year-old appears on 'Made in Chelsea'
- Jack Maynard - A Youtuber, yes someone who is famous for putting videos on Youtube. In all fairness he's got a huge audience of 1.2 million subscribers and is the younger brother of singer-songwriter Conor Maynard.
- Jamie Lomas - British actor Lomas is best known for his role as Warren Fox in Hollyoaks.
- Jennie McAlpine - Has appeared as Fiz Brown in Coronation Street since 2001.
- Rebekah Vardy - Wife on England and Leicester striker Jamie Vardy, Rebekah has also previously appeared on ITV's Loose Women.
- Shappi Khorsandi - Khorsandi is stand-up comedian who has appeared in numerous TV panel shows and is now braving the camp.
- Stanley Johnson - A former European MP but perhaps better known for being Boris's dad.
- Vanessa White - Formely in the girl group 'The Saturdays', White has since embarked on an unspectacular solo-career
- Kezia Dugdale - Former leader of the Scottish Labour party and in big trouble for heading off to the jungle.
- Iain Lee - Stand-up comedian and Talk Radio presenter.
The show has usually seen a couple of other stars enter after a few days and with just 10 campmates confirmed so far, it looks as though that could well happen agan in this series. The early favourite is Jennie McAlpine with Rebekah Vardy interestingly priced the least likely to be crowned Queen/King of the Jungle.
Now the contestants have been announced, voting on who will be crowned King of Queen of the Jungle commences but there will also be other markets available including;
- Next elimination
- Top three finish
- Top man
- Top woman
- Most Bushtucker trials
Order of Elimination
- Jack Maynard - Left camp after abusive tweets had been found on his account
- Shappi Khorsandi
- Kezia Dugdale
- Vanessa White
- Stanley Johnson
- Dennis Wise
- Amir Khan
- Jennie McAlpine
- Iain Lee
- Jamie Lomas
Winner - Georgia Toffolo
I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here...Tell me more
The tasks - known as Bushtucker Trials - are a series of gross tests that can win the whole camp food rations for the day but involve stomach churning tasks like eating camel’s testicles or reaching into a tank full of tarantulas.
Viewers vote on which celebrity takes the Bushtucker Trials with unpopular model Helen Flanagan being voted to undertake a record seven consecutive trials in series 12.
The show is hosted by popular Geordie duo Ant and Dec with co-hosts for the spin-off shows on ITV2 previously including comedians Russell Kane and Rob Beckett as well as former contestant Joe Swash.
There is a certain irony in the name of the show being “I’m A Celebrity” in that most of the contestants featured each series are far from household names. Most were at one time but have seen their careers dip and others include reality TV regulars from series such as TOWIE and Made in Chelsea.
But the jungle has forged some unlikely friendships including Eastenders cheeky chap Swash and Star Trek stalwart George Takei as well as oddball American TV producer David Gest becoming pals with ageing Aussie pop star Jason Donovan. It has also spawned some romances which have lasted well beyond the show, like singer Cerys Matthews getting with actor Marc Bannerman or 90s crooner Peter Andre famously shacking up with glamour model turned pop flop Katie Price, a romance that led to marriage!
The show's spin off programme is going to be called 'Extra Camp' this year and shown on ITV 2. Hosts this year will be the reigning Queen of the Jungle Scarlett Moffatt and Joel Dommett.
I’m A Celebrity has had its rights bought for overseas markets with versions in France, Germany, India, Holland, Sweden, Hungary and the USA which can one assumes only lead to a very crowded jungle. (In fact, each version of the show films in different locations, including Brazil, Malaysia and South Africa). The Australian version began in 2015 with England cricketer Freddie Flintoff being the first winner.
Who are the previous winners?
2017; Georgia Toffolo
2016: Scarlett Moffatt
2015: Vicky Pattison
2014: Carl Foggerty
2013: Kian Egan
2012: Charlie Brooks
2011: Dougie Poynter
2010: Stacey Solomon
2009: Gino D'Acampo
2008: Joe Swash
2007: Christopher Biggins
2006: Matt Willis
2005: Carol Thatcher
2004 (Nov-Dec): Joe Pasquale
2004 (Jan-Feb): Kerry Katona
2003: Phil Tufnell
2002: Tony Blackburn
I'm a Celebrity 2018
The next season will take place late November and December 2018. No clues on who might be competing but Ronnie O'Sullivan has made it clear he'd love a bit of time in the jungle.
Latest Media Betting Tip
Back Anthony Joshua to win SPOTY at 1/5 with William Hill.
Betfair have enhanced odds for the Six Nations fixture between Ireland and Wales.
Betfair have enhanced odds for the Premier League match between Liverpool and West Ham.
Boylesports have on offer related to matches in the Six Nations.
Betfair have enhanced odds for the Six Nations match between England and Scotland.
888Sport have free bets related to the race meeting at Kempton.
888Sport are offering a free bet related to the Premier League match between Man Utd and Chelsea.
More videos »
If you fancy a break from the serious side of betting, take a look at our Topical Feature List for a bit of a giggle.Click Here To View The List »
View our latest sports articles in our betting blogRead Our Blog »