Ryder Cup Free Bets
The cries from the fairway are on their way. This is the match that no one really wants to find themselves on the losing side It's the Americans vs the Europeans in one of the most emotionally charged and anticipated golfing tournaments on the calender. This bi-annual (barring extreme circumstances) event is one that is great to watch and if you have some welcome bonuses just itching to be used, the perfect opportunity to use them in many ways as we will explain.
"I trust that the effect of this match will be to influence a cordial, friendly and peaceful feeling throughout the whole civilized world." - Samuel Ryder
Getafe are 19/10 at Bet365 to draw with Celta Vigo in La Liga on Monday. Odds correct on publication
#ad 18+ New Customers Only. Terms & Conditions Apply. Please Gamble Responsibly.
What can I use my Ryder Cup New Customer Bonus on?
If you have sign-up bonuses to use, then this is the place to use them. Do ensure though that you put a lot of thought into how the welcome bonuses are used. Don't just be patriotic and bet on your team. There are plenty of markets that you can be using your free bets on. This includes:
- Who the outright winner will be. This will include the tie
- Who will lift the trophy.
- The correct points score
- Top points scorer - overall and for each team
- The margin of victory
- Who will be the winner on each day
- The top scorer for each nation, for example: England, Northern Ireland or Spain
- The top rookie
- The highest scoring wildcard player (those chosen by the captain)
- Last out in the singles
- Who holes the winning putt
There will be the opportunity to bet on this event long before it happens. Bookmakers are probably already lining up the odds for the 2023 event. You will be able to bet on who the team captains will be and on who will be playing in the next event.
There are plenty more for you to use your sign-up bonuses on. This event differs from other tournaments because it may start on September 24 but you won't know the line-ups for each match. Captains will keep their picks very close to their chests.
One of the best innovations is in-play betting. There will be plenty of this in the Ryder Cup. You will be able to bet on matches as they take place and all the odds for the many markets will be constantly updated. Every shot matters in matchplay, a great shot that gets the ball close to the pin will see odds shorten. A shot that ends up in a bunker will see odds lengthen for the player who has sand to deal with.
How to use your Ryder betting Bonuses
if as a result of a sign-up bonus you have some wagers to make that won't see money coming out of your account balance, here's a perfect opportunity to use them. Golf is a popular sport to bet on simply because so much can happen on every shot that has been played. Critics will say that golf is just a way of ruining a country walk but boy are they wrong in that assumption.
Using your Ryder Cup free bets can be done in a similar way to using regular golf free bets. Once you have selected the free bet offer that best suits your budget and betting style from the FREEbets.org.uk menu you should then to go to the bookmaker and register for your new account.
The gambling industry is a highly competitive one, so there are sign-up bonuses just waiting for you to claim. Once they have been received, you can then begin to use them on the many sporting events that are available. The Ryder Cup offers so many betting opportunities. It's not one event, there are 28 matches played over a space of three days, now that's going to give you plenty of ways in which your welcome bonus can be used. It's perfect timing if you are a golf fan and have just decided to join an online betting site.
After you are all set up with your new sports betting account it is time to utilise your Ryder Cup free bets. Begin by navigating your way to the golf section of your chosen bookmaker, then find the Ryder Cup section. Here you will see a range of Ryder Cup markets, the number and variety of which will depend upon your bookmaker. You will certainly be surprised at how many different markets you will find.
Once you have made your decision on which market to use your welcome bonus on, then add it to your bet slip. Once you have added all your desired selections to the slip tick the box that indicates you wish to use your Ryder Cup free bets, then hit confirm.
Why is the Ryder Cup so popular?
Golf is a sport that is usually one player against the rest of the field. You just go out, try to get the best score possible and hope it's better than all the other players in the field achieve. That's the typical strokeplay event that is held all over the world every week. The Ryder Cup is nothing like that. Players aren't battling it out to try and win massive cash prizes. This is Europe v the USA and everything has to be done to ensure your team is the winner. Make the winning putt and you'll be a golfing hero forever. Miss a vital putt and sorry but it's going to be remembered forever.
Once every two years 12 Europeans and 12 Americans do battle for the Ryder Cup. Although the four Majors throughout the year are seen as the sport’s pinnacle and that upon which the game’s great players are judged, many of golf’s most memorable moments are ingrained in Ryder Cup history.
While the Presidents Cup, which pits America against the Rest of the World, follows a similar format, the Ryder Cup evokes emotions and passion like no other golfing event. The venue for the biennial competition alternates between Europe and the U.S.A. with raucous home support often playing a pivotal role in the outcome.
The tournament is played over a match play format. That makes it a totally different battleground. A run of birdies or eagles will do you the power of good in a strokeplay tournament. However, in a matchplay event, you could go from the rough to the bunkers to the water hazards and shoot 10 but if your opponents score 11, you're the one who will have a big smile on your face. Mind you, those who are using sign-up bonuses on that match might need something to calm them down.
Each match played is worth one point to the winner and half-a-point each if drawn. Overall there are 28 points up for grabs. If the match ends 14-14 then whoever went into the event as holders of the trophy retain the cup. The last time that happened was in 1989. The format of the Ryder Cup is as follows:
- Day 1 (Friday) - 4 Foursomes in the morning and 4 Fourballs in the afternoon
- Day 2 (Saturday) - 4 Foursomes in the mornign followed by 4 Fourballs in the afternoon.
- Day 3 (Sunday) - 12 singles matches.
Foursomes sees teams of two players facing each other and each player takes an alternate shot. With Fourball matches, it's again two v two but this time the better ball is the one played. All matches are played over 18 holes and if the scores are level, there are no extra holes played.
Ryder Cup free bets can be used to bet on any of the 28 individual matches throughout the event, as well as who will win the Ryder Cup, which player will score the most points for their team, which player will score the winning point and even which players will be named in their respective teams.
2021 Ryder Cup
The 2021 Ryder Cup sees the USA attempting to regain the trophy. It will take place at the Straits Course at the Whistling Straits Club in Haven, Winconsin this September from September 24-26. They will attempt to win on home soil for the third time in the last four events they have hosted.
The last Ryder Cup was in 2018 when Europe had a convincing win in France to regain the Ryder Cup. The odds were against them on that occasion and they will be again for this 2021 match in America. That was shown on the first two days of the event. Friday saw the USA open up a 6-2 lead. It was a bit closer on Saturday but the USA ended it with an 11-5 lead. That was turned into a 19-9 thrashing on the final day as the USA regained the Ryder Cup in style.
Teams (world ranking position in brackets)
The European team is being captained this year by Padraig Harrington. He played in six Ryder Cups, the last one being in 2010. America are being captained by Steve Stricker who played in four events between 2008 and 2012. Five of the European team that won in 2018 haven't been selected for this year's event. For the USA, four aren't playing, including Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson.
- Jon Rahm (1)
- Viktor Hovland (14)
- Rory McIlroy (15)
- Tyrrel Hatton (19)
- Paul Casey (24)
- Matt Fitzpatrick (27)
- Lee Westwood (35)
- Tommy Fleetwood (37)
- Shane Lowry (42)
- Sergio Garcia (43)
- Ian Poulter (50)
- Bernd Weisberger (63)
United States of America
- Dustin Johnson (2)
- Collin Morikawa (3)
- Patrick Cantlay (4)
- Xander Schauffele (5)
- Justin Thomas (6)
- Bryson deChambeau (7)
- Tony Finau (9)
- Brooks Koepka (10)
- Harris English (11)
- Jordan Speith (13)
- Daniel Berger (16)
- Scottie Scheffler (21)
The USA Side has nine of the top 11 in the world rankings. The other two being Spain's Jon Rahm who is the number one ranked player in the world and world number eight Louis Oosthuizen from South Africa. Given that fact, you might well think that it's certain that the American team will come out on top, especially as the European side has six players that are ranked outside the top 30. This is team golf though and over matchplay not strokeplay. That changes a great deal and Europe will put up a great fight to retain their trophy.
15 Ryder Cup Facts
- The first ever Ryder Cup took place in 1927.
- Before the 1961 event, matches were played over 36 holes.
- American domination of the event from the 1930s to 1970s led to this becoming Europe v USA since 1979.
- It took til the fourth match for Europe to finally get a win.
- Between 1979 and 2018, Europe have won 11 Ryder Cup matches.
- Seven of Europe's wins have come in the last nine matches.
- For the last eight matches held in the USA, the score is 4-4.
- Phil Mickelson holds the record for most Ryder Cup appearances, appearing in 12 matches.
- Sergio Garcia has scored most points for Europe.
- Garcia is also the youngest ever Ryder Cup player, making his debut when 19 years and 258 days.
- There have been six holes in one in Ryder Cup history, the last being in 2006.
- The widest margin in an 18-hole singles match is 8&7 achieved by Tom Kite against Howard Clark and Fred Couples against Ian Woosnam.
- Seve Ballesteros teamed up a record 15 times with Jose Maria Olazabal and won 15 points.
- Arnold Palmer is the youngest ever USA captain. He was 34 years and 31 days in 1963.
- The oldest USA captain was Tom Watson. He was 65 years and 22 days in 2014.
- 2018 - Europe won by seven and a half points to regain the Ryder Cup (venue was in France)
- 2016 - USA won by six points to regain the Ryder Cup, their first win in eight years (match played in Minnesota, USA)
- 2014 - Europe were the winners by five points, their third win in a row. (match played at Gleneagles in Scotland)
- 2012 - Europe were the winners by one point to retain the trophy. (Match played in Illinois, USA)
- 2010 - Europe won by a point to regain the Ryder Cup. (Took place in Newport, Wales)
- 2008 - USA won by five points to regain the Ryder Cup, their first win since 1999. (Match played in Kentucky, USA)
- 2006 - Europe were the winners by nine points, their third win in a row (Match played in Kildare, Northern Ireland)
- 2004 - Europe retatined the Ryder Cup, winning by nine points (Match took place in Michigan, USA).
- 2002- Europe regained the trophy with a three point win. (Match played at the Belfry in England)
- 1999 - USA won by a point to regain the Ryder Cup. (Match played in Massachusetts, USA)
2018 Ryder Cup
The odds seemed stacked against the European team but they put in a fantastic performance to regain the Ryder Cup. The final score was 17½ points to 10½ as Europe made it six home wins in a row against the Americans. Held at the Albatros Course of Le Golf National in Guvancourt near Paris, France, the Americans seemed unable to cope with the tight fairways.
Score at End of Day One - Europe 5 USA 3
Score at End of Day Two - Europe 10 USA 6
Top Scorers - 5 - Francesco Molinari 4- Tommy Fleetwood and Justin Thomas.