Strictly Come Dancing Free Bets and Best Bookmakers
Between 1949 and 1998 the BBC showed 'Come Dancing', an annual ballroom dancing competition. In 2004 the show was resurrected but with a twist. The show would now feature professional dancers partnering celebrities, many already popular on BBC shows such as 'Eastenders', 'Casualty' and news prograsmmes. Other celebrities taking part come from the sporting world (the Olympics are really just a Strictly Come Dancing qualifier) and pop stars including many who used to be in boy bands all hoping for success in this top ballroom dancing show.
Strictly Come Dancing 2018
The new series starts later in the year and the big news so far is that dancer Brendan Cole who has been with the show from the start and won the first ever series, has danced his last for the show. There's no news on any confirmed celebrities for the next season but there is always going to be plenty of gossip with Brooke Vincent apparently keen to do a spot of dancing. At least there's no ice for her to fall on after coming second in 'Dancing on Ice.'
March saw the Sport Relief competition take place and it was women's footballer Alex Scott who came out on top. She beat Chris Kamara - and it wasn't unbelievable he didn't win - and David Ginola. Dancing to 'World in Motion,' viewers even had to endure a rap from John Barnes.
Strictly Come Dancing 2017 - Latest News
The 15th series of this show started on September 9 with a special tribute to original presenter Sir Bruce Forsyth, who sadly died recently. The contestants for this series were matched up with their dance partners and the pairings are;
- Simon Rimmer - the chef will be hoping to cook up some success. He co-presents 'Sunday Brunch' and has also appeared on 'The Great British Menu.' Professional Dance Partner - Karen Clifton
- Gemma Atkinson - here's the glamour contestant with the former glamour model sure to look great in her dazzling costumes. She was last seen breaking Marlon's heart in 'Emmerdale' and before that appeared in 'Hollyoaks.' It's going to be a busy time for Gemma as she now host the breakfast show on Key 103 in Manchester. Professional Dance Partner - Aljaz Skorjanec
- The Rev Richard Coles - the only vicar who can boast a number one hit single having been in The Communards. He regularly appears on the Chris Evans radio show. Professional Dance Partner Dianne Buswell
- Joe McFadden - Best known for his role as Raf di Lucca on 'Holby City.' He's also appeared in some musicals so may know a few dance moves. Professional Dance Partner - Katya Jones
- Ruth Langsford - This must be easy compared to being married to Eamonn Holmes. Says she has no dance experience, what's the betting she ends up with Anton Du Beke as her partner. Professional Dance Partner - Anton Du Beke - told ya.
- Davood Ghadami - Appears as Kush in 'Eastenders' so it must have been his turn as there always seems to be someone from that show in Strictly. Professional Dance Partner - Nadiya Bychkova.
- Mollie King - Follows Frankie Bridge who also used to be in the Saturdays and brings a bit more glamour to the show. Professional Dance Partner - AJ Pritchard
- Aston Merrygold - Another pop singer keeping himself busy till the inevitable JLS reunion. Professional Dance Partner -Janette Manrara
- Debbie McGee - the widow of Paul Daniels will bring some magic to the dancefloor. Has some experience as she was in a dance school at the age of seven, attended the Royal Ballet school and went on to be a member of Dougie Squire's Second Generation dance troupe. She'll love Halloween as she was born on October 31. Professional Dance Partner - Giovanni Pernice
- Susan Calman - Popular stand-up comedian who has appeared on 'I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue' but hopefully will have one when she gets on the dance floor. Professional Dance Partner - Kevin Clifton
- Brian Conley - Was a popular comedian about thirty years ago, more used to doing panto and the occasional musical these days. Professional Dance Partner - Amy Dowden
- Charlotte Hawkins - Good Morning Britain presenter, at least it's not Piers Morgan. Professional Dance Partner - Brendan Cole
- Chizzy Akudulu - Another former Holby City actress who once took part in a disco dancing competition at the age of 13. Professional Dance Partner - Pasha Kovalev
- Alexanda Burke - Former X-Factor winner who has proved to be a big hit in musicals such as 'The Bodyguard' and 'Sister Act' which of course feature plenty of choreography. Professional Dance Partner - Gorka Marquez
- Jonnie Peacock - Amputee who has represented Team GB at the Paralympics - Professional Dance Partner - Oti Mabuse
Order of Elimination
First elimination - Chizzy Akudulu
Second Elimination - Rev. Richard Coles
Third Elimination - Charlotte Hawkins
Fourth Elimination - Brian Conley
Fifth Elimination - Simon Rimmer
Sixth Elimination - Aston Merrygold
Seventh Elimination - Ruth Langsford
Eighth Elimination - Jonnie Peacock
Ninth Elimination - Susan Calman
Tenth Elimination - Davood Ghadami
Eleventh Elimination - Mollie King
McFadden Wins the Glitterball
December 16 saw the Grand Final take place and it was the only male competitor left, Joe McFadden who won the title. It's the third year in a row that the title has been won by a male dancer and he had to beat Debbie McGee, Alexandra Burke and Gemma Atkinson to do so.
McFadden, who is best known for his role in Holby City, scored 118 points from his three dances in the final. His professional partner was Katya Jones who only joined the series last year and had to endure dancing with Ed Balls last year, so a case of from the Balls to the Glitterball for her. Alexandra Burke scored 119 points out of 120 with the judges but failed to win the title despite having the highest average in the series, the most 40s and highest score in eight of the dances. Adverse publicity in the press didn't help so, something to always consider when using your free bet in these kind of events. Debbie McGee scored 117 in the final with Gemma Atkinson 114.
Average Scores After the Final
- 36.4 Alexandra Burke
- 35.4 Debbie McGee
- 33.8 Joe McFadden
- 31.8 Gemma Atkinson
History of the Show
The show was initially presented by the late Sir Bruce Forsyth and Tess Daly. Forsyth has said on several occasions that he thought the show was going to be a comedy vehicle rather than a ballroom dancing competition. The format sees the couples learning a dance (two in the later stages) and then performing it on the Saturday show. There are four judges who then award points and these count for half of the total votes. Then it's time for the general public to have their say. On Sunday it's the results show with the two couples with the least votes taking part in a dance-off. The four judges then declare who they want to save with the head judge having the deciding vote if the scores are level.
Sir Bruce Forsyth retired from the weekly show in 2014 and the show is now presented by Tess Daly and Claudia Winkelman. Forsyth did continue to make some appearances for the Children in Need and Christmas specials. The new series began with a special tribute to the legendary entertainer who sadly passed away on August 18.
What can you bet on?
Popular markets for Strictly mostly center on who will be eliminated next and you can back who you think will be booted off the show next just like you can in other top reality TV shows.
Overall odds on the winner are also available as are markets on the Top Man and Top Woman.
You can back a celeb to make a Top 3 finish and also bet on the gender of the overall winner for 2017
Should you fancy it, you can also bet on who will finish in the bottom two each week.
Who are the previous Strictly Come Dancing winners?
2016: Ore Oduba
2015: Jay McGuinness
2014: Caroline Flack
2013: Abbey Clancey
2012: Louis Smith
2011: Harry Judd
2010: Kara Tointon
2009: Chris Hollins
2008: Tom Chambers
2007: Alesha Dixon
2006: Mark Ramprakash
2005: Darren Gough
2004 (Oct-Dec): Jill Halfpenny
2004 (May-July): Natasha Kaplinsky
In 2015 Aliona Vilani became the first professional dancer to win the Glitterball on two occasions. Not bad after she'd previously had early exits with Tony Jacklin and Greg Wallace. She's now left the series.
Only Brendan Cole, who partnered Natasha Kaplinsky to the title in the first series and Anton Du Beke have competed in every series. Du Beke has never won the series not surprising considering his partners have included Anne Widdecombe, Judy Murray and Kate Garraway.
When is it on?
Weekly on Saturday’s 0n BBC 1 with results of each week’s voting coming on Sunday nightt. The 2017 series will begin on Saturday September 9. It has a major battle in the ratings with ITV's top singing talent show and was way ahead of them last year. There is also a companion show on BBC2 Monday-Friday called 'It Takes Two' which is to be presented by former contestant Anita Rani.
How to use your Strictly fOpening Account Offer
Using your Strictly Come Dancing new sign-up offer can be done in the same way as using any sports or Media Free Bets. First you’ll need to choose the free bet offer that best suits your punting style and budget; this can be done by looking through the offers on our FREEbets.org.uk homepage where all the best promotions that the Internet has to offer are outlined. Then take a more detailed look at the terms and conditions by navigating your way to our specific bookmaker page for your chosen offer. Be sure to check the relevant rollover requirements and minimum odds conditions.
Once you’ve selected the offer that best suits you the next thing to do is go to the bookmaker (by clicking on relevant banner, or link) and register your details. Once your signed-up it’s time to start betting and, consequently, releasing your funds.
Placing your bets on Strictly Come Dancing should be done by making your selection then navigating to your bet slip. In the bet slip will be the option to use your offer token if applicable. Simply select this option, click confirm and wait for the results to come in. And don’t forget to vote when the phone lines open, yours could be the difference between a winning and losing bet.
By:- Steve A
Posted on:- 25/07/2012 - 12:25 PM
Latest Media Betting Tip
Back Anthony Joshua to win SPOTY at 1/5 with William Hill.
William Hill have enhanced odds for the Champions League match between Liverpool and Roma.
888Sport have an offer related to the Champions League match between Liverpool and Roma.
Betfair have enhanced for the Champions League match between Liverpool and Roma.
Betfair have enhanced odds for the Champions League match between Bayern Munich and Real Madrid.
888Sport are offering a free bet related to Premier League matches.
888Sport have an offer related to the Europa League match between Arsenal and Atletico Madrid.
If you fancy a break from the serious side of betting, take a look at our Topical Feature List for a bit of a giggle.Click Here To View The List »
View our latest sports articles in our betting blogRead Our Blog »
More videos »