Top Eight All-Rounders in world cricket
English cricket is in pretty good shape at the moment following a history making test series win in India and although the ODI series may not be going so well, the team have only recently lost their number one spot in the rankings. However, it has been a struggle for the selectors to find genuine all-rounders in the mould of a Freddie Flintoff in his prime. The likes of Samit Patel, Tim Bresnan and Chris Woakes are in and out of the team in various formats so to see if we can find some consistency for the English we here at FREEbets.org.uk we look at the top all-rounders in world cricket.
8. Ravindra Jadeja
The 24-year-old Indian may not have really broken into the test arena as yet but he is making his mark in the 50-over game and it is probably only a matter of time before he improves on his one test cap thus far. There doesn’t seem to be a lot to his slow left-arm orthodox bowling but it has had batsmen in all sorts of trouble which has led to 69 wickets in 64 ODIs at a decent economy of 4.80.
He doesn’t always get much of a go with the bat due to India’s excellent top order but he is an extremely useful man to have coming in at number seven or eight. He averages just a shade under 30 with six half-centuries and a strike rate of over 80. He has a long way to go to become a complete all-rounder but he would certainly get into any 50-over side in the world right now.
7. Yuvraj Singh
Jadeja’s compatriot would be seen by some as just a part-time bowler but anyone who has claimed 109 wickets in ODIs has to be considered an all-rounder by anyone. Again he is a slow left-arm orthodox bowler who doesn’t look too dangerous but clearly he has ways of getting people out in limited overs cricket, just ask Kevin Pietersen.
His batting is unquestionably his strength though and why he is in the team and has played an enormous 281 ODIs for India. He averages over 37 with a strike rate over 87 with 13 centuries and 50 half centuries along the way and with the bowling to boot he is one of the most useful cricketers in the world.
6. Chris Gayle
Again you would call Gayle a batsman who bowls a bit but like Yuvraj he would always argue he is an all-rounder and with 72 test wickets and 157 in ODIs it is difficult to argue with the big man.
As mentioned he is predominantly a batsman and has outstanding figures in all forms of the game. Averaging over 42 in tests, over 38 in ODIs and possibly most impressively over 36 in T20s Gayle is arguably the most valuable batsman in the world game and certainly there are few players who a team relies on more than the West Indies on their main man.
His bowling is nowhere near as explosive as his batting but his slow off-breaks do enough and there will be many a full-time bowler who will love to have taken the amount of wickets that the Gayle force has.
5. Jacob Oram
Whilst the others thus far would not be referred to as true all-rounders, the giant Kiwi Jacob Oram is undoubtedly one in its purest form.
Coming in at seven for the Black Caps in recent years he averages an impressive 36.32 with the bat with five centuries in his 33 tests and has taken 60 wickets in the longest form of the game as well. He has majored in the 50-over format though playing 160 times for his country and whilst his batting has been his strength in the test side it has been his bowling in the ODIs. 173 wickets in 160 games at 29.17 is a great return and whilst he only averages 24 with the bat, they are always useful runs down the order.
4. Mohammad Hafeez
The Pakistan all-rounder has turned out the best part of200 times for his country across all formats and although his primary role is as a batsman he has been known to open the bowling in the limited over matches.
He is there to keep things tight at the top of the innings and his bowling average of just slightly over 4.00 in ODIs proves he has done that, and with 92 wickets to his name in that format he clearly does some damage as well. He has just 29 wickets in tests but his batting average is only just below 40 in the five-day game which is very good at world level.
His statistics may not be quite as impressive as a Yuvraj or a Gayle but his deployment as an opening bowler rather than a filler-in along with his batting just moves him up this list.
3. Shakib Al hasan
The 25-year-old is testament to how much cricket in Bangladesh is improving given that they have produced a player that would undoubtedly get into any other international side in the world. Shakib has so few weaknesses in his game which sees his stats with bat and ball across all three forms stack up with the best around.
Averaging over 35 with the bat in both tests and ODIs is excellent work from the man from Jessore and couple this with 160 one day wickets in 126 matches and more impressively 102 wickets in just 28 tests with his slow left-arm bowling. Without being disrespectful to Bangladesh, these figures in a team that loses the vast majority of matches they compete in is a wonderful achievement and at just 25 he has all the time in the world to improve on them even further.
2. Shane Watson
It was not clear how the Australian’s career was going to turn out during his twenties when numerous injuries and moves up and down the batting order continually disrupted his progress but at 31 he is now in our eyes at FREEbets.org.uk the second best all-rounder on the planet.
Now an opener with the bat in all forms he averages nearly 40 in tests and over that milestone in ODIs but it is T20s that is really incredible where he has hit 10 half-centuries and averages over 30 at an unbelievable strike rate of 148.48.
He has 62 test wickets, 155 ODI wickets and again possibly most impressively he has taken 35 T20 wickets at an average of just 20.42. He has become an integral part of the Australian line-up in all three forms with both bat and ball and that is some achievement by anybody’s standards.
1. Jacques Kallis
Although there will be plenty of debate lower down this list there was only ever going to be one man at the numberone spot and few will argue that Jacques Kallis thoroughly deserves that title. The only real debate is whether he is the greatest of all time or not and many would say he is.
Even at 37-years-old he still plays in all three forms and excels with bat and ball in each defying age and weight in the process. His test batting average is a quite outrageous 56.73 and couple this with 285 test wickets and you can see why some would say he is the best in history.
His stats in limited over matches are equally impressive averaging over 45 with the bat in 50-overs and taking 270 wickets whilst in T20s he averages over 35 with the bat and under 28 with the ball.
In terms of numbers Kallis is an absolute freak and if we ever see anyone match the kind of numbers he has achieved again then we will be very lucky cricket watchers.
18+. Acca Insurance: Min selection odds 1/10. Acca odds 3/1. Pre-match straight line accas only. 1 free bet up to £/€10 per customer/day, credited within 24 hrs, valid for 7 days, Min 1 boost per day. Full T&Cs apply
New customers only. £10 min dept using promo code "888ODDS" req. Qual bet must be placed at the normal odds Min//max £5. Extra winnings paid in FREE BETS added within 72 hrs of qualifying bet settlement valid for 7 days.T&Cs apply
18+. New UK+IRE customers. Paypal and some deposit types excl. Winning bets paid in cash as normal price. Enhanced odds paid in £5 free bets within 24 hrs, valid for 4 days, stake not returned, restrictions apply. T&Cs apply.
18+ UK+IRE players signing up via promo page. Min dep £5. Paypal & some deposit methods excl. Paid in cash at normal price. Enhanced odds paid in £5 free bets within 24 hrs, valid for 4 days, stake not returned, restrictions apply. T&Cs apply
- 9 Potential Winners of the World Cup 2018 Golden Glove Award
- Top 10 World Cup Humiliations
- Top 10 Mourinho Master Classes
- Top Eight Premier League Title Races
- Top 10 Uncapped Players that could make the England World Cup squad
- Top 10 England Goalkeepers
- Top 10 Transfer Deadline Day Flops
- Top 10 Football Rivalries
- Top 10 Retired Cricketers Who Would Have Been T20 Kings
- Top 10 footballers to play in North America
- 7 Unique things we LOVE about the Ryder Cup
- Top 10 Team GB Winter Olympic Gold Medal Winners
- Top 8 Valentines Day Sports Stars
- Top 10 Cracking Cricketers with Dodgy Debuts
- Top 10 Sporting Nicknames
- Top 10 Chinese Sports Stars
- Top 10 Sporting Whitewashes
- Top 10 Desperate Aussie Pre-Ashes Mind Games
- Top 10 Boxers Avenging Defeats
- Top 10 Multi-Sport Sportsmen
- Top 10 Sporting Veterans
- Top 10 Royal Sporting Names
- Top 10 Sporting Debuts
- Top 10 Sporting Upsets
- Top 10 Thrashings in Sporting Finals
- Top 10 UK Open Shock Results
- Top 10 Fights in London
- Top Six Play-Off Heartaches
- Top 10 Moments that ended a sporting era
- Top 10 sportsmen who should retire
- Top 10 Footballers Luis Suarez can feast on next
- Top Eight Grand National Long Shots
- Top Five Six Nations Climaxes
- Top Five British Europa League Heartbreaks
- Top 10 England Opening Batsmen
- Top Five Champions League Comebacks
- Top 10 England stars of the future
- 13 Greatest World Cup Players Of All Time
- Top Eight All-Rounders in world cricket
- Top Five Premier League Summer Signings
- Top Eight Premier League Veterans
- Top 10 Football Player Comebacks
- Top 10 England one-cap wonders
- Top Five Welsh Snooker Players
- Top 10 World Number Ones
- Top 10 Foreign England Cricketers
- Top 10 Worst Managerial Appointments
- Top 10 Goal Celebrations
- Top Seven Euro 2016 Kits
- Top Nine Football Stadiums in Europe
- Top Five European Championship Goals
- Top Five Iconic UK Sporting Venues
- Top Five Most Controversial Boxers of All Time
- 6 Typical Cheltenham Festival Goers
- Top 10 British Boxing Grudge Matches
- 10 of the Best Managerial Sackings
- Top 10 Unlikely Masters Champions
- Top 10 Greatest Manchester Derbies
- Top 10 Relegation Escapes
- Top England ODI XI of All-Time
- Top 10 Greatest FA Cup Finals of All-Time
- 4 World Cup 2018 group stage shock exits to look out for
- Top 10 Clay Court Tennis Players of the Open Era
- Top 10 Champions League Finals
- The 9 Greatest England v Scotland Matches
- 11 Greatest victories for English teams in the Champions League
- Top 10 Players Missing the World Cup
- The 8 Greatest Lions Victories
- The 14 Worst Transfers in Premier League History
- Top 10 Premier League Bargains
- Top 7 Premier League One Season Wonders
- 11 Best Premier League Opening Day Matches
- 7 Best Premier League Debut Campaigns
- Top 10 Upsets in Boxing and UFC history
- Top 7 Football Shirts of All-Time
- 10 Greatest American Tennis Players of the Open Era
- The 11 Greatest World Cup Matches Ever
- Top 10 Greatest T20 players in history
- Top 10 Darts Players of all Time
- 14 Greatest Champions League Players Ever
- 9 Greatest Liverpool vs Manchester United games of the Premier League era
- The 10 Greatest World Cup Goals Ever
- 10 uncapped players that could make the England World Cup squad
- The 12 Greatest South Americans in Premier League history
- Top 10 Players who could win the 2018 World Cup Golden Boot
- Top Five FA Cup Final Upsets
- 10 English wins over Spanish teams in the Champions League
- The 15 Greatest British Heavyweight Boxers in History
- 10 worst England players ever to make a World Cup squad
- Top Seven Australian Open Outsiders
- Top 10 Individual Ashes Performances
- 10 Worst January transfer window signings in Premier League history
- 9 Best January transfer window signings in Premier League history
- 14 UFC fights we want to see in 2018
- Top 10 British boxers that could become world champions in 2018
- Top 10 Boxing Rematches Ending in the Same Result
- Top Five Formula One Drivers Of All Time
- Top 10 Craziest Premier League Players
- Top 10 Gaps not filled in the Transfer Window
- Top 10 Cricket All-Rounders
- Top 10 Worst Current World Champions
- Top 10 Players to watch at the ICC Champions Trophy
- Top 10 Potential Future World Snooker Champions
- Top 10 Opponents Tyson Fury Can Face
- Top Five Heavyweight Contenders
- Top 11 Undefeated Streaks in Boxing History
- The 5 worst England performances at World Cups ever
- Top 5 Current Pound for Pound Boxers
- The 5 Best England performances at World Cups
- 11 World Cup 2018 Fantasy Football Bargains
- The 10 Biggest Shock Group Stage Exits in World Cup History
- The 10 Biggest Premier League Opening Day Upsets Ever
- The 10 best transfer deadline day signings in Premier League history
- 2018 World Cup: Top 10 Young Players to Watch
If you fancy a break from the serious side of betting, take a look at our Topical Feature List for a bit of a giggle.Click Here To View The List »
View our latest sports articles in our betting blogRead Our Blog »