- The Oscars - Free Bets and new Cusomer Incentives
- The Academy Awards are known universally as The Oscars Ceremony. It's the biggest movie award ceremony in the world and presented by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. Actors, producers and directors dream of getting their hands on an Oscar statuette as the awards recognize the greatest achievements in the movie industry over the past year.
The award ceremony first took place in 1929 at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel in front of an audience of 270 people and lasted just 15 minutes. The awards have been known as The Oscars since 1931. Just why they have acquired that title isn't known for sure. The most accepted explanation is that the Academy's executive secretary Margaret Herrick felt the statue resembled her uncle Oscar.
They were first televised in 1953 and the event is now watched annually in more than 200 countries and lasts several hours. A whole range of famous people have hosted the awards, usually top comedians with Bob Hope holding the record for hosting the awards on 19 occasions.
Members of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences vote for who they should win each category. Nominations are announced at the end of January with the ceremony taking place in February. Once the nominees have been announced, focus is switched to looking at the potential winners and as with all major events these days, there is potential to be had in the Oscars betting market!
Malmo are 21/20 at Bet365 to beat HJK in the Champions League on Tuesday. Odds correct on publication
#ad 18+ New Customers Only. Terms & Conditions Apply. Please Gamble Responsibly.
It has been announced that the 2021 Oscars will not take place until 25 April, they had been scheduled to be held on 28 February. Due to the current situation that has affected the movie industry, the organisers have changed the dates for being able to be eligible to be up for an award. It was New Year's Eve but is now the end of February 2021.
The 92nd Oscars award ceremony takes place at the Doby Theatre in Hollywood on Sunday 9 February, slightly earlier than normal. It is expected to be dominated by movies such as '1917,' 'Joker' and 'Judy.' The main categories had the following nominations with the winners in bold. It proved to be a big night for the South Korean movie 'Parasite.'
- Ford v Ferrari
- The Irishman
- Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
- Jojo Rabbit
- Little Women
- Marriage Story
- Leonardo DiCaprio for Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
- Joaquin Phoenix for Joker
- Jonathan Pryce for The Two Popes
- Adam Driver for Marriage Story
- Antonio Banderas for Pain and Glory
- Cynthia Erivo for Harriet
- Charlize Theron for Bombshell
- Scarlett Johansson for Marriage Story
- Saoirise Ronan for Little Women
- Renée Zellweger for Judy
Bets Available on the Oscars
The most popular market - and the most prestigious award - is the Oscar for Best Picture. Markets are available on all the major Oscar categories and you can also bet on how many Oscars a particular film will win. More novelty based markets are available also such as whether or not recipients will drop their award on stage and this year there is also a special market for La La Land. With the film nominated for a joint record 14 awards, there are odds currently being offered on whether or not it claim a clean sweep and win each award it is nominated for.